JBC2005

First, the specs:

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

3100 V6

No factory remote keyless entry

Aftermarket remote starter with keyless entry

Autolocks

Now, the problems!:

First off, the door latches were seriously screwed! If the doors weren't locked, the doors would open and close, but the handles were loose. Once the doors were locked, they wouldn't open without a SlimJim and a lot of cursing and swearing! I pulled the fuses for the power door locks, so that I'd be able to open the doors.But, I didn't dare lock the car, or I wouldn't be able to get in! Then, someone stole my stereo!@!@@?@! I replaced both right and left latches and put new handles on the doors, as well as installed a new stereo! They open and close properly! Replaced fuses for the power locks. BUT, the driver's side lock switch wouldn't work at all and the passenger's side would lock, but not, unlock the doors. GRRRRR! Replaced lock relay, and now the autolocks work, the passenger switch locks and unlocks the doors, but the driver's side switch still doesn't function. Any thoughts?

Also, when I bought the car (used, about a year and a half ago), the courtesy lights worked well. Open the door, the lights came on, closed the door, they would fade out, just the way they're supposed to! Now, they don't work after opening the door. They do work with the headlight switch. Could it be the chime module?

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks.

Jon

the domelight was probably timed out. could be a bad pin switch or bad headlight switch. Also check the ground in the driver side door. they commonly break between the door and the unibody. Shouldnt be too difficult :mrgreen:

my guess would be the door pin switch. Mine is on it's way out, and it will randomly lock the doors and turn on the dome lights. It gets kinda annoying.

Replaced lock relay, and now the autolocks work, the passenger switch locks and unlocks the doors, but the driver's side switch still doesn't function. Any thoughts?

Did you pull the switch and do a bench test on it?