94 cutlass AC questions

rockfangd

my ac has not worked in the 3 years i have owned the car. My question is my donor car has a good compressor, but it makes that metal scraping noise. Is there any way to fix this. Also does anyone know where the orifice tube is located. The way that i tested the compressor was by closing the connection on the relay. I would like to get my ac to work but i dont want to go through a huge hassle. So not worth my time. My car is a 1994 olds cutlass supreme 3100. Thanks to all in advance :mrgreen:

call me.

the office tube is located in a junction of the piping on the drivers side body rail, located below the master cylinder area.

your donor compressor sounds bad, just because your does not work doesn;t mean it is bad.

do this: pop the cover off the relay, and manually operate the relay with the car running. this bypasses all the safeties the car has to disable the compressor. as long as the compressor itself is not bad, it should work.

if is does and sounds good, replace the orifice tube and all the O rings, poor refrigerant oil manually into the compressor and recharge the system (convert to R 134 if necessary) manually trigger the relay to start charging.

well i already took out mine because i put in a bypass pulley to cover for my seized compressor. The donor car is the one i took the relay off of and it cycled on when i cycled the relay. I will have to see if i can get the rebuild kit for it. Ac is the only feature in my car that has never worked

well i already took out mine because i put in a bypass pulley to cover for my seized compressor. The donor car is the one i took the relay off of and it cycled on when i cycled the relay. I will have to see if i can get the rebuild kit for it. Ac is the only feature in my car that has never worked

You are on your game, Sir! :)