Door handle nuts: what am I looking for?

jenniferpa

Several months ago I replaced the passenger door handle on my 95 Cutty. Unfortunately, yesterday when DD opened the door the handle came away from the jamb. On closer inspection I discovered that 2 of the (I think) 14 mm nuts were nowhere to be found: I assume that one came off and its loss wan't noticed until the other one decide to fall off. So, what exactly am I looking for as a replacement? I see from reading other posts that these are nuts that cut their own threads in the posts. Is there a name for these things? And where, apart from a salvage yard, might I be able to find them? And can someone confirm that these are 14 mm?

Many thanks

Jennifer

Wait is this the coupe or the sedan. I am foing to guess it is the coupe. The black round headed nuts form screw into the threads on the back side of the handle. I have a few spares if you pm me i will mail them out tomorrow :mrgreen: If it is the sedan. There is a rubber gromet that gives you access to one of the nuts and for the other one you have to use the access hole from behind the door panel. I have those too. :mrgreen: