the animuL is back in action

animuL

Many of you probably know that my car sat for years broke down. I quit messing with the car but kept in the W Body scene making parts like my Whipple kits for the L67. Recently these kits have been getting more and more criticism with their promises to perform but never any results. I have lots of customers with cars up and running but no one going out there for some record times. I decided a while back to get the Lumina running again, first with the M90 on it for some baseline runs. Last year it went 13.7 or so at around 100 mph with the stock blower, stock heads, stock cam, stock tranny, non-intercooled and no nitrous. Nothing spectacular and very boring. I was planning on trying to get a little more out of it, but as more and more people started criticizing the kits I decided about 2 weeksago to pull the M90 off and bolt the Whipple back on. Still on stock heads, cam, valvetrain, tranny, non intercooled and no nitrous, the car went:

Lumina1262.jpg

She ain't so pretty any more but heres a pic I took that same day:

lumina052007.jpg

I want to set some records with this car, so the next thing I will be doing is 3.69 gears and fixing my e-brake so I can do a burnout. I'd like to see it go 12.40s or better with that done, then I have my sights set on 11s with some better weather and maybe a smaller s/c pulley and high ratio rockers.

Ummmmm..... Holy fuckin WOW!! That is awesome.

You say you were makin blower kits for the L67? Correct me if I am wrong but the L67 is the 3.4 right? Or is it the 3.8? I am sorry but I get the names of the motors so confused.

I have been thinking lately about putting performance into my convertible and having an all around demon of a car.

I would like to hear more info on your setup and if ya don't mind, financially what it takes.

I have always wanted to put my car into the 13's but never thought it could be done without thousands and thousands of dollars. I am sure your setup isn't cheap, but I am no stranger to spending money on these cars.

Regardless, your car is totally awesome and I can only imagine some of the looks on faces of ricers and muscle car drivers when they get waxed by u.

see ya,

Sean

ahh ok, so I am way off then. My bad. Still though, I would love to have something of that caliber in my car. I have considered a turbo 3.1 or something but if I am gonna do it, it has to be able to run into the 13's to be worth it in my opinion.