Now how do I get into my car?!

supreme_style21

Nothing that I am gonna be able to get ahold of.. It those stupid pillar mounted handles. Originally, my drivers side was broken. I ordered a new door handle last week, and it is supposed to be here tomorrow, but as my luck has it, the pass. handle broke this evening.. just hours before I am supposed to install my new handle. Excellent.

Either the window is broken or you could rig up something to reach up the door handle inside.

You can try reaching the inside door handle from the top window frame.

You could use a coat hanger and bend it and tie some small rope (make it into a lasso) at the tip of the coat hanger and try to put the lasso around the door handle and then pull the rope on the other end.

crawl in thru the trunk, and try to get something sturdy and metal and thru the pass-thru hope its long enough to reach the door handle and hook onto it and pull it. if no pass thru i say you just bust the back seat. id much rather have no backseat than have to replace a window

crawl in thru the trunk, and try to get something sturdy and metal and thru the pass-thru hope its long enough to reach the door handle and hook onto it and pull it. if no pass thru i say you just bust the back seat. id much rather have no backseat than have to replace a window

Bah!! Why didn't I think of that?!? You're a genius! Holy crap, I'm not thinking tonite.

Well I can't get thru the little pass-thru thing in the trunk and I can't get ahold of the door handle with anything. I got the new handle in the mail today, which does me no good right now. I think I'm gonna have to break a window. :evil:

Call a lock smith. I had to have one open my car when both handles broke. It was the only way [cheaper then breaking a window] to open it without using a brick.

Well I can't get thru the little pass-thru thing in the trunk and I can't get ahold of the door handle with anything. I got the new handle in the mail today, which does me no good right now. I think I'm gonna have to break a window. :evil:

you have to have SOMETHING long enough that can get to it thru the pass thru. if you have to be creative, or hell, know any little kids? those buggers LOVE to crawl thru spaces like that. i know when i was a kid id be up for the challenge. i would never resort to calling a locksmith por breaking a window in thei situation, no way. i would call evey friend ansk everyone if they had something to get to that damn doorhandle from inside!

Yeah I really have nothing sitting around here that is gonna be able to reach in and catch the handle. I called the girl that had it before, and she said if the handle isn't completely broken (hence, flops around), which it isn't, I gotta kick the door right where it latches to the car. If I kick it hard enough and at the right time, the door pops open. It worked.. but for how long. Excellent design, GM!

If it breaks for good before I get in it tomorrow to fix the handle, I'll have to pay one of the little mexican kids from nearby to crawl in and open the door..

why dont you just give a little kid 5 bucks to crawl through the passthrough and open the door!!! alot cheaper than calling a locksmith, talks to the childs mother and have him do it for free

Yeah I got it open today and replaced the handle. With enough kicking, the door popped open. All those damn little parts in there were starting to piss me off. I dropped the lock cylinder a few times and that exploded into a bunch of little parts. Then I couldn't remember where to connect everything back to.. but I finally got it, so now I'm happy.