AQ9 help... again. Got it working, but still screwy.

Q-Ball

Ok, I got my new set of charcoal AQ9's in the car. I have it all wired up but my seats arent inflating or deflating. So I thought, ok maybe its the wiring I got with the seats. I know my OLD setup was working fine. So as for trouble shooting I did this:

-Installed my headlight fuse to get my interior lights back on.

-New seats with new AQ9 wiring harness and OLD AQ9 controls = only 6 way power and no lumbar

-New seats with old AQ9 wiring harness and OLD AQ9 controls = only 6 way power and no lumbar

-OLD Drivers seats with old AQ9 wiring harness and OLD AQ9 controls = only 6 way power and no lumbar (THIS WAS WORKING BEFORE)

So, Im at a loss of what to do. I cant get my controls to light up. Any of them. I tried 3 different sets of controls. 2 sets of wiring harness's. And 2 Driver's seats. Like, whats going on here?

damn man... you and electrical really don't get along!

If the controls aren't lighting up I say there is something wrong between the controls and the power source, doesn't sound like an issue with the seat. Check the wires over really good, its possible one got cut or pulled out of a plug slightly.

I've never seen the wiring for AQ9s, do they just plug into a regular power source from that of a regular power seat?

Jamie

The power first comes from the floor. Than that plugs into your seat. Than from your seat it goes to the AQ9 wiring harness. From there that plugs into the controls and the passenger chair.

you my friend, need to just buy a fully loaded GTP and be done with it.

I found the one, but its a 96 gtp. Decisions. I do want to always keep my 92 cause it is my first car. It will be the modded car. I guess I'll just get your help at the meet. :lol:

I found the one, but its a 96 gtp. Decisions. I do want to always keep my 92 cause it is my first car. It will be the modded car. I guess I'll just get your help at the meet. :lol:

Buy a car that can go on the road right away, if you really must buy that 96, make sure you have the time and space to peice it back together and get it running. Then take your 92 off the road, sell it or mod the crap out of it, whatever.

Jamie

Buy a car that can go on the road right away, if you really must buy that 96, make sure you have the time and space to peice it back together and get it running. Then take your 92 off the road, sell it or mod the crap out of it, whatever.

Jamie

Whoa whoa whoa, lets keep this on topic here. :lol: My car isnt in bad shape at all. It's perfectly drivable!

If nothing pnumatic is working, the pump is bad.

Yeah, I really doubt they are bad. I tried my other known working seats. I just need to get power to my damn controls first. I'm bringing out the multi meter.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I got them working but its still messed up. I used Dave's wiring that he tapped into. You'll see in the pic. But anyways, when I use his wiring with my charcoal drivers chair, the pump works, but its like leaking at the connection. I dont get it. It works fine on daves, but daves connection on his chair is loose and it works. Cause of this, I still cant fully test my drivers chair. But the passenger chair works. Anyways, on to the wiring... Any idea why Daves wiring works and my stock doesnt? I tried 2 different sets and still nothing. I used my original wiring when I first got AQ9's and nothing. I knew I had it all plugged together right.

AQ9Wiring.jpg