pics of a grand prix on 24"S

rell504

I wouldn't call that ghetto. Ghetto would be a 1984 A-body Cutlass 4-door, rusted to shit, parked in a trailer court with $10,000 wheels on it, a "Cutt Supreme" windshield banner, and a Rolls Royce grille.

No, ghetto is calling a Cutlass a "Cutty"

I say that sometimes, guess i must be ghetto :dunno:

I'm sure he will get sick of replacing suspension components and cvaxles all the time. Just like the slammed trucks are always braking driveshafts and ujoints.

I wouldn't call that ghetto. Ghetto would be a 1984 A-body Cutlass 4-door, rusted to shit, parked in a trailer court with $10,000 wheels on it, a "Cutt Supreme" windshield banner, and a Rolls Royce grille.

No, ghetto is calling a Cutlass a "Cutty"

I say that sometimes, guess i must be ghetto :dunno:

yeah....so most of this board is ghetto?

Wait am i on the english/grammer forum instead of w-body?? I shorten things like vert and cutty becasue its easier and faster to say/type. I wouldnt say "I do not want to go to the mall." I would say "I dont wanna go to the mall." So why would i say Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible when I can say Cutty Vert?

Nichole should be the grammar and spelling police....

I think I'm going to take my Elky to go to the j/y and see if I can find a few Impy's or cutty's. I think there's a few verts there as well.

Wait am i on the english/grammer forum instead of w-body?? I shorten things like vert and cutty becasue its easier and faster to say/type. I wouldnt say "I do not want to go to the mall." I would say "I dont wanna go to the mall." So why would i say Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible when I can say Cutty Vert?

:lol: You're comparing actual names of vehicles to what you think is a shortened way of saying it. Then comparing don't and do not. Apples and oranges.

It just shows laziness in my opinion. But who knows, maybe my teacher training is actually working now. I'm just appalled at how kids and even adults speak and write nowadays. And there is no excuse for it. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you have to throw all knowledge of proper English out of the window.

:lol: You're comparing actual names of vehicles to what you think is a shortened way of saying it. Then comparing don't and do not. Apples and oranges.

It just shows laziness in my opinion. But who knows, maybe my teacher training is actually working now. I'm just appalled at how kids and even adults speak and write nowadays. And there is no excuse for it. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you have to throw all knowledge of proper English out of the window.

Don't you know that you should never begin a sentence with "and"

Don't you know that you should never begin a sentence with "and"

You should never end one with "and" either.

Wow, this thread got more off topic than most others!

Jamie

Actually, you can start a new sentence with a conjunction. The only time it would be wrong, would be if the sentence was an incomplete thought.

Actually, you can start a new sentence with a conjunction. The only time it would be wrong, would be if the sentence was an incomplete thought.

Well, I answer about 100 emails at work every day to people all over the world. On this forum, there is no one that will complain or fire me for saying "vert" instead of convertible (excepting, of course, you). Oh, and when I say email, I am not referring to the 1400's version of the word which was a shortened form of the word enamel.

:words: ....... :words: . . . . . . . :words: . . . . . . . . :words: . . . . . . . . :words: . . . . . . . :words: ....... :words:

Okay then, I'm gonna go back and punch my 1st grade teacher.

someone besides me started the grammer discussion cause i cant spell for shit either :lol:

the idea of putting big ass rims on a W is like the entire ricer thing its just plain stupid

I'll admit I can't spell the best in the world. I did however finish all my english and grammer classes with A's. I can write really well if I choose to do so. However, like most people on this board, I choose to shorten words. This is so I don't spend ten minutes on each post. It is really just to save a little time. I am not doing it to be a slacker.

Ok, now the short version of what I just wrote.

I suck at spelling. I shorten stuff to save time on my post not because I'm lazy.

I just said it all in less then 1 line.