Fair price for high mile '89 Grand Prix SE 2 Dr. ?

Hippie

Found a 1989 Grand Prix SE 2 Dr. being auctioned next weekend. It appears to be straight and rust free, typical GM peeling and faded silver with a well worn gray leather interior. Looks like leather in the photo anyway. It has 200,000 on the odo and a 2.8 and auto of unknown condition but I have a good '88 2.8 with a brand new auto trans and a dinged up base model '88 for miscellaneous parts. The SE has buckets and power moon roof that I can see from the photos and appears to have full instrumentation. It doesn't appear to have been molested just well used. What would be a decent price based on that little bit of info ?

According to KBB.com:

Fair Condition = around $1,100

Good Condition = around $1,500

Excellent Condition = around $1,750

What I would pay = no more than $1,000

- Erik

I would say about $800.00 were I live and thats on a dealer lot a regular person might be cheaper.I know a cutlass were i live a 89 goes for that unless it has low miles and in good shape and then your looking between 2500 to 3000 same goes for a GPSE

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to get it for less. Depends on what it looks like in person but I saw some high quality digital pics of it and it looks like a good solid "project" car. Like I didn't have enough already. :roll: It's at a salvage auction so I don't expect it to go very high. It does have a clear title though, not salvage. That may make it go a little higher. Maybe not. Wish me luck.