Thinking about a minor upgrade

DRGrocho

I'm done with subs, I like the extra space in my trunk.

Currently, I have my EQ tweaked so that it sounds ok with the stock speakers, but I can already tell that at the volumes I am demanding, the stockers are going to give out before too long.

So, its time to start looking and planning, so I know what I'm doing when the time comes.

I'm looking for something that will give me accurate (or better) sound reproduction while still appearing stock. I am unsure whether or not I will amplifiy them, but by the fact that I like it loud, it will probably be necessesary.

What do you guys recommend?

I recommend getting some nice component sets and have them mounted in a way so they have good airspace and sealed enclosure. this will provide accurate freq. response and low end without space consuming subwoofers.

this is normally achieved by fiberglass or adhesive backed deadeners and skill of installation techniques.

Whatever size speakers I can fit without modifying the appearance of my vehicle

ok kewl. soooooo.....

what the hell do you drive?

x2?

Unless you want to modify, your never going to achieve a great amount of SQ.

You can look into picking up a set of 6x9 woofers. IIRC, Tang Band makes some.

For the front, if you don't want to modify or do any custom wiring, find a nice set of coax's. If you can atleast modify a little, a decent set of 2 way components will work.

If not, your pretty much SOL.