My headlights arent shutting off!

Q-Ball

Ok, after a nice day of planning on getting that 96 gtp, I came home and pulled my car in. I had to pull it in a little bit more so all the cars could fit. So I did that, but I noticed my headlights werent on when I started the car. I have day time running headlights so they should always be on. Just my front signals were lighting up. So I got out of the car, and sure enough the headlights werent on. So I got in the car and clicked my highbeams on. Ok, much better now I can see. So I pulled the car in and shut it off and oddly, the headlights stayed on. Ok, I just thought it was the highbeams... So I clicked it off. But they didnt go off. After clicking 20x or more I knew there was a problem. Getting pissed off at this point I tried turning down all my interior lights, anything that would affect it, but it did nothing. So I popped the god damn hood and unplugged my low and high beams. Still with the car off, the high beams light was still lighted up. Pissed off, I walked away locked the doors and armed the alarm and called it a night. Any idea's? I'm thinking its my cruise control switch. Maybe its time is up?

! interesting issue!

I would loacte and unplug the DRL module though, as you might still run the battery down... aren't there also relays for the lights? (some cars did, I dunno about yours)

Well the car started fine this morning, just the high beams stays lighted up. I'll pull the fuse when I get home. I dont know about the relays. It just has daytime running lights if that helps.

Well the car started fine this morning, just the high beams stays lighted up. I'll pull the fuse when I get home. I dont know about the relays. It just has daytime running lights if that helps.

Replace the High/Low beam switch. Usually, places call it the headlamp dimmer switch. This same problem happened to mine after I put in crappy aftermarket lamps.

Replace the High/Low beam switch. Usually, places call it the headlamp dimmer switch. This same problem happened to mine after I put in crappy aftermarket lamps.

Ok, I pulled the fuse and no more cluster lights too. haha. That low/high beam switch, is the the one with the cruise control on it connected to the steering wheels? or the one to the left of the cluster? That one controls my fogs too. Anyways, thanks.

Ok, I pulled the fuse and no more cluster lights too. haha. That low/high beam switch, is the the one with the cruise control on it connected to the steering wheels? or the one to the left of the cluster? That one controls my fogs too. Anyways, thanks.

The high beam switch is attached to the column, near the ignition switch. The lever that you pull to switch from low to high pushes on a rod that pushes on the switch.

The high beam switch is attached to the column, near the ignition switch. The lever that you pull to switch from low to high pushes on a rod that pushes on the switch.

Ok, now im 100 clear on it. That also is my cruise control. I'll have to snag one from the wreckers. Thanks. Pulling the fuse is getting to be a pita.