To buy or pass on a 96 GTP? Pics! 56k... nah (All parts come with the car)

Q-Ball

Another good question is, are the parts lost? or does he have all the parts to put it back together again?

If the parts are gone, its a parts car... (I call the sunroof)

I think you have the ability to fix the issues with this car, just dunno if you have the time and money, especailly if the parts aren't there.

Jamie

that thing's a rat.

super-agree. while that is a sweet car (fully loaded white 96 GTP w/sunroof) it looks like garbage and probably way more money and time to fix that worth it. i say part it out

If anything, part it out on ebay and pour that money into a better car. The wheels look great, there is a few dollars right there. It's a large undertaking...I wouldn't worry about the purchase price as much as the price to get all this stuff to work. You mentioned parts are off the car...that means that parts are also missing from the car. The time involved with these repairs are also a pain...this person tried (and failed 1/2 way) to do it....if you pick it up, you've gotta have gazelle intensity to finish it up, or you'll be in the same boat this guy is in 2 years from now.

He has everything still in his garage. Complete exhaust, sunroof, and the front brakes. Even has another set of rubber for the tires too.

thats a good question. Q-ball... ARE YOU ABLE TO FIX IT YOURSELF?

The basic stuff yeah. I could put the exhaust back on, brakes, and sunroof. I've never worked on a 3.4 DOHC engine though.

Another good question is, are the parts lost? or does he have all the parts to put it back together again?

If the parts are gone, its a parts car... (I call the sunroof)

I think you have the ability to fix the issues with this car, just dunno if you have the time and money, especailly if the parts aren't there.

Jamie

Yeah, the parts are there. I think its totally possible.

man you guys trash things too quickly!

Hopefully people think different now. :willynilly:

I've been trying to get a hold of the guy with no luck yet. I'll go back to his place on monday and see whats up. Yeah, I really like the white on the GTP too.

I've always had an eye for those white GTP's...

so have i.....but that one? :neutral:

Yes 96! So it needs a little bit of TLC. Soon it will be looking better than adams. :lol:

I've always had an eye for those white GTP's...

so have i.....but that one? :neutral:

Yes 96! So it needs a little bit of TLC. Soon it will be looking better than adams. :lol:

I understand why you would be concerned, but that body style in that color looks hot...which is why I would have more patience to get her back up and running!