Operation: Final Bumper Solution

Dirty Rockstar

Got the front bumper of the Cutty 95% ready to be put up on the car. There are a few scratches and scuffs I need to take care of, but that can wait until it goes on and gets cleaned up. Looks real good, and I am pleased with the result.

Pics.

Bondo'd a touch of severe bolt removal-related damage:

IMG_0575.jpg

Here's a pic of the pass. side which was so badly damaged, I had to have a friend at a body shop fill it and prime it. Came out pretty nice:

IMG_0576.jpg

First coat of 'Rental Car Green':

IMG_0577.jpg

Some angles to show the blend work. I used flash for a couple to really bring the flaws out:

IMG_0579-1.jpg

IMG_0580-1.jpg

IMG_0581-1.jpg

After a couple coats of clear. Again, I used flash for these shots:

IMG_0582-1.jpg

IMG_0583-1.jpg

An idea. It is a touch too small for the area. This is a backup plan. I have a better, primary plan:

IMG_0585-1.jpg

IMG_0586-1.jpg

This face in your rearview no more:

IMG_0584.jpg

Bueno.

THanks guys. I can't put it on yet because my pass. fender is rotting from the inside out. If I go to removed the bolts, I'll twist a hole in my fender.

The only time I find a car in my color, it suffers from the same problem as me, on the same side, someone else took it already, or some ass hat damaged it. I know after I find a new fender, a fucking BILLION will show up all over the fucking place..

I'm lost. :thinking:

What all did you do?

Somewhere around the site are pictures of this bumper cover I picked up from a salvage yard. the edge where it meets the fender were pretty marred from the removal process.. SO I had to fill the damaged areas in, sand, prime, and paint..

..The last picture of the car is as it sits.. The new cover is in my garage, awaiting a new pass. fender...

..Bottom line: I fixed and painted a bumper cover to fix damage to my current one.

THey weren't 'Holes' per se, they were more like cracks in the plastic cover.. I just used a little bit of filler and hardener on the side I patched myself, because the biggest of them were about the with of my pinky finger.. The other side had deep cracks which I had a body shop fill in for me..