Power lock chirp

Spectrum

I've been wondering lately if there is a way to get a chirp when locking the car with the factory keyless entry system. I haven't seen it on other 1.5 gen Luminas but it seems like nearly all other cars, GM and others, have it.

AFAIK, it is a relay type system which enables power to the horn system for that moment after locking.. I think ToroToro did this on his Red 94 Cutty Coupe.. I know he figured a way to get it to work for sure..

i would def like to see a writreup on that. its nice to have that so when ur walking towards ur car u know u actually unlocked it instead of pressing 80 times and hoping for the best

This may or may not work with your car, but I guess it's worth a try. This coming out of my manual.

-key must be turned ON, with the engine NOT running

-all doors must be closed.

1. Press and hold down the power door lock switch in the lock position.

2. While holding the lock switch, press and release the lock button on your RKE transmitter.

3. Your door chime should sound depending on which mode it is currently set to.

4. Keep pressing the lock button on the RKE transmitter until you come to the mode you want.

Mode 1: No verification

Mode 2: Horn chirp only

Mode 3: Headlamp flash only

Mode 4: Horn chirp and headlamp flash

For example, if it is set to Mode 1, the door chime will sound one time, mode 2, two times, etc.

btw, its the same way if you want to change the unlock verification, only you push the unlock buttons instead of the lock buttons.

Hope this helps.

there is a simple write-up on how to make your lights flash but I do not know where I saw it. could so the same thing but have the horn or an aftermarket device chirp....

This may or may not work with your car, but I guess it's worth a try. This coming out of my manual.

2. While holding the lock switch, press and release the lock button on your RKE transmitter.

4. Keep pressing the lock button on the RKE transmitter until you come to the mode you want.

For example, if it is set to Mode 1, the door chime will sound one time, mode 2, two times, etc.

btw, its the same way if you want to change the unlock verification, only you push the unlock buttons instead of the lock buttons.

Hope this helps.

is that for gen 2?

Hope this helps.

is that for gen 2?

Is this only for gm or would it work on my 96 jeep

Hmm, but where does my 1.5 gen fall in? I'll try it in a few days when I'm done with finals either way.

Didn't work for my 1997 Lumina.

You can get an aftermarket add-on box that will add park lamp flashing and horn and/or siren chirps to your factory keyless. I installed such a system on a friend's 95 Monte and it made the factory system work just like an aftermarket alarm. It also had domelight supervision and sensor inputs for alarm features.

I forget the model #, but it was made by DEI.

I may even have one stored away in a box in my basement, but not positive on that.