rear bleeder valve leaking brake fluid

GPdriver1986

Hey guys, I just installed a used caliper in the back on the drivers side because I broke the old one. But I think I didn't tighten the bleeder valve enough because its leaking fluid. How tight should it be?and also how to tight should the screw for the rubber brake line be?

It's probably the crush washer below the fitting going into the caliper. They're made to seal once. When the hose fitting is tightened down, it crushes it to the caliper with serrations on the bottom of the fitting, sealing it. It's damn near impossible to line them up again.

Take the bleeder valve off, and put some thread sealant, or teflon tape on it, being careful to not get any below the threads.

Do not use a regular wrench. I think a 10mm wrench work but don't be tempted to use that kind of wrench otherwise you will strip the bleeder screw.

Use the right tool which is brake bleeder wrench available at local autoparts store.

When you tight the bleeder screw, it should be hand tight.

Where is it leaking? around the bleeder screw threads or around the bleeder screw tip?

You might want to use a teflon tape around the bleeder screw threads and thread it back in the caliper.