Grand am gas tank=cutlass tank?

FordBoy

Would a gas tank from a late '80s/early '90s grand am work in my car?

I put a hole in the tank when i was trying to mount my buckets in the back. I thought I had it fixed with a bolt and JB weld on the bolt but now it is just pissing gas off the side of the tank from the top. I filled up on sunday and woke up to a puddle of gas under my car on monday mourning. Im not going to try to patch it Im just going to replace it I just need a tank. I could get one from a junk yard but I dont know what is/was in the tank. For all I know it could end up being worse then what I have. A friend of mine has a old grand am out in there field its been sitting there for 2yrs. It was there DD but then they droped the tranny. So that is where she sits. They told me if it wourk work i could have the tank I would just have to pull the tank off the car myself. But that is no different then a junk yard.

LOL you could buy an actual gas tank patch, whihc means you'de have to lower the tank to get it on....

but the gas tank is gen 1 and gen 1.5 interchange only.

just get a jy tank that has no rust/holes. clean it out and either swap in ur fuel pump or chance the one thats in there

...or do the best thing and put in a new one as to help avoid any possible headaches in the future.....

just get a jy tank that has no rust/holes. clean it out and either swap in ur fuel pump or chance the one thats in there

...or do the best thing and put in a new one as to help avoid any possible headaches in the future.....

thats why i asked about it i dont what to do that and have the tank filled with suger/other by the last owner. thats why i want one that i KNOW is in good shape. the guy i have putting in the new tank is looking for a good one. i would but i dont have the tools/place to do it/time

the problem for me to get one form a j/y is i dont have the tools or the time. plus the j/y's here (dont know if its the same everywhere) i cant take a jack into the yard to lift the car to pull the tank out

the guy that owns it is a dumbass he wouldnt let me go and look for a part if i wasnt buying today. i just wanted to see if he have one. me and two friends went out there to get a spacer block (between tranny and transfer case) for a 85 f250 we spent 3hrs getting it off he never came out to see how we were doing. he doesnt give a shit about anyone but himself