Do you have to remove the steering wheel to remove the complete dash?

Q-Ball

From what I understand, no. Just drop the column, and pull it over the steering wheel.

But... I hear it makes it much much easier.

:mad:

This is gonna be a long day.

No you don't. I just did my 96 CS and, you do have to drop it, but I just took out the 2 hanger bolts, and the 2 bolts by the firewall and let it rest on the seat. I got my dash out that way, and hand threaded the bolts halfway back in when done, so I can move it if I need to. It did get in my way a time or two, and would be easier to take it out, but I tried to find the bolt on the engine side that holds the shaft together, and gave up, it looked like a bitch to get to. Like I said, I also left it on because I have had to move it a time or two since then. Make sure if you do it this way you take out the 2 bottom bolts down underneath (2nd pic) so all the weight doesn't sit on that piece. It looks like potmetal, and if it is it would snap off pretty easily.

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

it can hang by those firewall side bolts. i had to leave mine like that for like an hour. i just wouldnt leave it ther a long period of time and def dont put any more pressure on it if you do

I put off my dash swap. The black one I got has some tiny cracks in it too. Oh well, I got it for free. I did swap somethings from it though. :lol:

Unless you've done one before I'd give it a good weekend or so. I never attempted a 95+ dash before this one, and it took a long time. The main problem was those stupid "harness clips" that pop through a hole in about 50 different places on the dash. I had to try pulling the dash, then figure out what was holding it back still, it was a very long process. I am still trying to peice together a write-up for it, I have over 180 pics :lol: I didn't know what had to come out and what could stay, so I took a Shitload of pics so I had everything covered now I'm trying to go back through them and put them in order. If you need any pics of any part PM me.

EDIT: Oh wait you have a 92 :lol: are you swapping in a newer one?