Has anyone done this?

NVMY03GT

Has anyone actually removed the Radio and relocated their climate control and mounted a screen flush into the dash. I was thinking about this the other day and its prime for a non flip out LCD and then put computer or something in the back. Problem is Im guessing the screen alone is a couple hundred dollars if now more. But it'd be pretty sharp.

Just thought Id ask.

A 7 inch TFT LCD made by Farenheit is $90

Holy cow. Anyone done this before?

I can't imaging the mounting being easy but cool idea?

Yes very different Im sure. I was considering doing something flush mount. I have factory radio in there and I hate it and it hates me I have about 2 months before I do anything with it. but just gathering some ideas. I consided doing something computer releated because I can do XM/FM/and GPS all in one. Without spending $800+

It's possible... you'll have to do some modification to the radio bezel, as well as find a new spot for the climate controls. A lot of custom audio shops do this type of install. You could build a custom bezel by cutting out a spot for the screen, and use bondo/fiberglass to smooth it out and make it look right, then just paint it and reinstall, for the climate controls, you could relocate them into the center console. Check out http://www.fiberglassforums.com for ideas

Buckethead,

Thanks for posting that link! I've been looking for something of that sort to help me out with a project I'll be doing this summer!

Jamie