caddillac 4.1/4.5/4.9 or ASG 5.0 swapped cars video?

Crazy K

at first glance they appear to be caddy 4.1/4.5/4.9s but I thought I'd ask what you guys think

ASG in somewhere in Indianapolis, and these guys all have indiana plates. 95 pre-fix is Marion county (indianapolis) 30 is Hancock, a nearby county.

I have never seen these cars in person (to my knowledge) I would have definitely noticed the white euro!

and the guy says "Dok" for DOHC!

wow that's cool. That vid is pretty old I think. I remember looking at pics a couple years ago of a big w-body meet back in like 2002/2003 with that White Euro 3.4 with the ASG 5.0 badges on it.

That euro is sexy!

oh, btw...those are all the 4.9/5.0 caddy swaps I believe. I'm not sure what the "Series 1 and Series 2" are though.

Not much in the way of performance beyond SC-3.8's other than 2 more pistons pumping a better note of music.

dig the comments though ... VERY funny.

wz34 (2 months ago)

wuts the air cleaner on top of the intake from?

cxhatchboy520 (1 month ago)

Are the engines in those Luminas Cadillac 4.9 V8s?

wz34 (1 month ago)

those 4.9v8s are based on the 3.4 dohc v6 design, both have intake gasket issues

I didn't see a whole lot of difference between the 3.4 dohc and the series one as far as the accelartion went. The dohc pulled strong enought at the top of the gear to make up the difference it seemed like. Now the series two seemed more like a lightly modded L67 in the pulling power with much better sound except it lacked the s/c whine. But i will say the both sound sexy as hell.

I used to have one of Adam Goldstein's business cards from ASG, but I think I got rid of it a while ago.

The series II was fun as hell to drive, and the exhaust note really turned heads at a stop light. :mrgreen:

http://www.asgindy.com/

They haven't had any information about the 5.0 swap for several years on their site, but their location info is there.

There is a local guy here who sells adapter plates to bolt a carb onto the stock caddie 4.9 intake. Presto easy swap , the carb solves all the nightmares.

Wasn't there an Ebay thread with a 2006 GP V8 w/ Steering wheel? Too bad it would be a herculean effort to shoehorn that bastard into an engine bay on a gen1. =X

I must have missed that auction!

A local guy was selling a stripped LS4 for $500. I was tempted to buy it, but it was just a bare long block and I thought it would take a really long time to gather all the required parts to put it in a W-body.