Fiberglass replacement parts

89oldscutlass

Wow, that has to be the only place that would actually carry lightweigt front ends for our cars. Haha, or a 1986 Calais. Weird selection of cars there...

Ive seen a Calais drag car before. It had a tube frame and V8.

The Supreme frontend is probably for a prostock type car as well. NHRA used to use them.

so how much of a weight difference/performance shoudl it make as compared to a stock hood? My car is already in the shop and my dad is almost convinced to get that hood and trunklid. Is it fiberglass or composite something, and wat is the kickback of getting it?

I found a fiberglass cowl induction hood for a Cutlass Supreme on another site before. Ill try to find it again.

im probally gonna sttart another thread but:

is there a Cowl Induction Hood for my regal i seen pics of one with it but when i look i only find it for 87 n below

It looks like the hoods for the 92-96 cutlass's would fit the 89-91 cutlass's that are 4 door. Is that true? I'm just asking cause the hoods shown for 89-91 are for the 2 door cutlass's.

Looking at some of that stuff for my years (well, the 92-00 hehe), it looks like coupes. For example, check out the hoood, the sedans have that build into the front bumper peice, not on the actuall hood( i may be wrong).

But...that front end does look quite a bit like a sedan. I just see it in the headlight area.

The trunk looks like a coupe, caus of the liitle lip.

And lastly, some of our parts are already fiberglass, like the rear and front bumpers, right? I need to fix a chip in the rear where i was taped

jon

And lastly, some of our parts are already fiberglass, like the rear and front bumpers, right? I need to fix a chip in the rear where i was taped

No, the rear bumpers arent fiberglass- theyre a composite plastic.

Hmmm, pretty cool stuff. Even better as long as the fitment isn't "hairy".

It does seem like this is more for drag racers, so I wonder if any of these parts are even designed to fit a production car.

i'm with shawn, i think its all for drag cars, hood i doubt bolts on, probably a pin on one.

the good thing is i was hoping to pick up a dirt cheap($100ish) 2dr lumina and build a drag car, now i know where to get the 'glass parts.

If by any chance the fiberglass GP hood would fit, would it be able to stand the heat of a turbo motor? I did get a new turbo blanket, so the heat was cut down a little.

The hood would stand up to the heat of a turbo motor...fiberglass can stand up to some heat.

But I agree with Shawn, these parts are made for drag car conversions. It's VERY obvious if you look through the parts for some of the cars. or even look at the rear bumper cover for the GP...how the exhaust comes out in the middle. Since most are made of fiberglass, they're probably not exactly safe for highway use (assuming you care about safety). Most were probably designed and fabricated with the assumption that you would run a full or half cage underneath them. That's just my .02 though.

Here's the answer:

Shawn, All of our parts are made for drag racing, but some of them have been used as replacement parts for street rods. You will have to do a lot of work on the parts to make it work. Thanks for the e-mail. Sandra

NOT bolt-on replacement parts. Bummer!

I got a reply from Hairy Glass about the hoods.

John, This hood should work on the street Grand Prix, not sure if there is a picture on our web page at http://www.hairyglass.com. This hood will be longer than stock, but it can be cut to the stock length if we know before it is made. You will have to use Dzus fasteners as it is a lift off hood. Thanks for the e-mail. Sandra

Anyone in Florida care to take a trip to Hair Glass and see if the hoods would fit?

I found a fiberglass cowl induction hood for a Cutlass Supreme on another site before. Ill try to find it again.

im probally gonna sttart another thread but:

is there a Cowl Induction Hood for my regal i seen pics of one with it but when i look i only find it for 87 n below

Hey, Do you have a pic of your yellow top batterys? I wanted to put 2 bats in my 89 Regal but there is no real room in the engine bay... and I don't really want to run the second battery in the trunk... I'm also looking for a cowl hood too... so if you find one let me know!