Blacking Out most of ...

cryptnix

Anyone here blacked out the reverse light bar and remove the "oldsmobile" symbol on the back?

Contemplating on actually getting it blacked out ... (only night shade it where the light is) ...

Cutlass is in for some body work to perfect the bumper/trunk lid already and replacing the reverse light bar and whatnot ... I think I'm going to tell him todo it ...

What's your thoughts ... I'll give you some pictures if I do end up doing it heh ...

But, just currious if anyone has done it ... thanks!

I actually thought this afternoon about blacking out the reverse lights, but a) then you cant see when you back up, and B) my car is white, so its not like itll matter. on yours it may look good, but depends on how much you like seeing when you back up

actually was thinking on getting some black reflective vinyl and having it clear coated over ...

nah or yay? ;-/

another point is that everyone knos that its a cutty :)

ive blacked mine out along with tail lights

do you have any pictures? i see that you have it done however its not the angle that i want ..

Personally, I think it will look like shit. I like the contrast with th red. That's just me though.

yeah me too ... i don't want my lights blacked out so much that you can't see them ... i just want the reverse light bar done ... but dark enough to let light thru so people can see my ass backing up and so i don't get a ticket and shit ..

actually was thinking on getting some black reflective vinyl and having it clear coated over ...

nah or yay? ;-/

another point is that everyone knos that its a cutty :)

I think you should paint it red. The whole car, I mean. You know, match mine and all. :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of my old '97 cutty that I blacked out...I could probably dig up a few more if need be

cut.jpg

nice jeremy .. <3 the pic :redface:

blkdoutbad.jpg

I just did this one for Matt's vert. Hope it is helpful.

white cars should not have that done .. imo maybe the reverse light bar ... but nothing other..

opinions are like assholes ... everyone has one! :razz: otherwise, nice job steve .. i like it perhaps i should bring mine to you? :)