rough & low idle

silver_92_z34

Hay I need help I just had the timming belt replaced and my car still has a bad idle. could any of you give me a place to start. Oh ya no SES light eather. Plaese help!

Richard Garberson

When was the spark plugs/wires replaced?

Don't forget to clean the throttle body intake with a throttle body cleaner.

That should get you started..

Next would be to check the coil packs..

Use fuel injector cleaner every oil change...

really that often? i heard maybe once or twice a year otherwise it might do more harm than good

A new O2 sensor really helped my idle out, as well as clean PCV, TB, intakes, the whole works. However, what has been mentioned is a good place to start

Robby

hay thanks keep 'em coming I cleined the intake and TB last week with top engine cleaner. the O2 is alittle old but not factory. I did see a tech bulitin on low idel having to do with PROM programing, so I ordered a FFP chip it should be in soon. I had a resistance test done on the wires and they are good and the plugs have 8,000 miles on them. I think I will try a PVC although top engine cleaner should have done the trick( and it dose rattle when you shake it). Thanks for your suggestions. I'll let you know if the chip is it.

Richard Garberson

oh, something else I fought for a while was a bad TPS. It made my idle sorta rough. Got a new one (since ours cant be reprogrammed), and that helped a lot. Yeah if the PCV still rattles its good.

Robby

really that often? i heard maybe once or twice a year otherwise it might do more harm than good

If you are using the highest octane then usually you will just need fuel injector cleaner maybe once a year but some people I know they always use fuel injector cleaner every oil change as preventive maintenance (to remove any gum substance that might develop in the fuel injectors.