4 Door GP with the DOHC

Addicted2bass

I saw one today while picking my friend up from school, this is the first 4 door grand prix ive seen with the 3.4 DOHC. It caught my eye cuz it had the 5 spokes and it had GTP hood louvers on it. then i saw the DOHC badge on the side and yelled out to my friend "Its got the 3.4!!", i dont think she cared to much lol. How rare are these cars? My area has very few rare/uncommon Ws so its not surprising ive never seen one up untill now. And did they come with the hood louvers like the GTP, or was this added by someone?

I think it was a 94-96. I dont normally like 4 door gps, but with the rims and hood it looked pretty cool, it needed a good wash and wax, but id rock it!

then i saw the DOHC badge on the side and yelled out to my friend "Its got the 3.4!!", i dont think she cared to much lol.

Hahhaahaa I've done that before too

then i saw the DOHC badge on the side and yelled out to my friend "Its got the 3.4!!", i dont think she cared to much lol.

Hahhaahaa I've done that before too

lol me too

SE sedans could have the 3.4 too.....But it would have been a 1994-96 GT or an early STE with the hood louvers. I think 1991 STEs with the 3.4 had louvers while 92-93 SEs and STEs had a standard hood.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think only the Turbo STE's had louvers.

SE sedans could have the 3.4 too.....But it would have been a 1994-96 GT or an early STE with the hood louvers. I think 1991 STEs with the 3.4 had louvers while 92-93 SEs and STEs had a standard hood.

I think you're right. even the 3.4 STE's had the regular hood

Yea theres a red SE 2 door with the 3.1 and hood louvers ive seen a few times around here, so those were obv added. I stopped and looked at, what looked to be, a Z34 for sale the other day. After closer inspection it looked more like a 2 door euro with the Z34 kit added on, it was all primer so it was hard to tell. The car was locked so i couldnt pop the hood and they wanted 2700 for it!!! So i didnt look any further into it.

Yea theres a red SE 2 door with the 3.1 and hood louvers ive seen a few times around here, so those were obv added.

I've seen a red 94-96 B4U SE one time with hood louvers on it. An old woman was driving it, so unless the hood was a replacement from a wreck and that's what they found, or that came on the car. Unless the old lady liked the louvers lol

• 3 weeks later...

Found this topic totally randomly...but I remember hearing however long ago that the louvers were actually optioned on certain model year GP sedans, and I know for a fact that there are 2 forest green whatever-year to 96 sedans driving in my town with the louvers on them.

One on a girl with whom I went to school, and the other on an old lady's sedan.

there is a forest green 4 door w/ 3.4 and louver and sawblades in teh apartment complex i keep my GP at....it is a 94-96

not hud or DIC though....