how remove rust streaks and small dots?

GPdriver1986

I have white paint on my Pontiac Grand Prix and there are any small rust dots that are around the wheels, is there anyway to remove them?

I also have a few rust\water streaks (water dripping from rust spots), is there anyway to remove this?

I've got the Mother's three phase wax system and I found that phase one: Cleaner and prep worked great on that. Removed oxidized paint as well as rust streaks off my Tempo.

The rust dots are most likely flaked metal from brakes, and/or the metal shavings that flake off of snow plow blades (if you have them in your area)...the latter of the two is murder if not treated after every winter. If left, it etches itself into the paint until it gets to bare metal, and viola, surface rust. There's no need to scrub too hard to remove them. A little paint cleaner to lubricate it and a bit of wiping should do. For the stubborn ones, after wiping for a bit to give it some cleaner, your can softly pick at it with your finger nail (pretty much the softest thing you can use without harming the surface). Otherwise, a clay bar helps for the flat and easy-to-reach areas. That's what I love about having a white car; it's easier to spot paint defects and possible problems before they become severe.