Digital Cluster: Brightness issue

Scottster

I finally got a hold of an 88/89 digital cluster for my GP, and poped 'er in like a piece of cake. Totally plug and play. The thing looks awesome and works great except for one thing.

With the lights off (day time), the digital speedo and fuel gauge are dark. With lights on, everything lights up...analouge gauges and digital stuff...and is adjustable with the dimmer. So everything is hunky-dory in night time mode.

Now I'm sure I know what the problem is, as the DIC has it's day setting where it goes ultra bright to read it in the sun light. Night time it goes dim, and it's brightness becomes adjustable, just like every other car ever made with anything digital on the dash.

So I'm sure the digital cluster isn't recieving the "message" to brighten up for the day. I'm assuming this is just one wire that would sent the signal, but the previous gauge cluster (original) had no need for a day/night setting for it didn't have anything digital.

Do you guys follow me?

So what I'm thinking is that the same wire that sends the signal to the DIC to go into "day mode" needs to be connected to the right prong on the digital clusters harness so that it too will brighten up.

Any tips or experience with this matter? I know alot of other W-bodys have digital clusters and maybe you guys have run into similar issues.

Thanks for any help!

The dimmer works though. That's the thing, every gauge, light, warning light works. Just the one issue, (and one wire I assume) which makes sense because there's only one difference between the original cluster and the digital one, and that is the fact that the digital stuff needs to go brighter during the day.

If the pinouts were any different whatsoever, then wouldn't there be more than just a brightness issue (like all the gauges not knowing which way is up)?