Lumina Z34 is it worth it?

w-bodys_are_the_best

One of my buddies from HS has a Lumina Z34 he got from a guy he works with. I was talking to him the other day about selling it to me for parts. There is no title although it's in pretty good shape. He wanted $500 now he said he needs $800 for it because the guy he got it from stuck over $2000 into it on bodywork and some other stuff. It's in decent shape, the body is in really good shape with the exeption of the bumper cover hanging a bit. The interior needs a cleanup bad. It had 16x,xxx miles. He was told it needed brakework, he said the resivoir was empty and figured it was a brake line or something. I was originally going to buy it, use the motor and brake setup in my 91 CS International, but now he wants $800, but has gotten ahold of the guy he got it from and they are working on getting a duplicate title. It is still in his co-worker's name, but he thought in MN it takes a few months to get the title back. Him and his coworker both don't have licenses' and my friend got it from him to drive in July when he gets his license back. Here are some pics of the car, do you think it's worth $800. I don't know if I want it. I wanted the motor for my 91, but after him raising the price and getting a title(maybe) it would be better just to fix the brake line and drive it. What do you guys think?

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

Don't buy it until you see the title in person. I've been fucked over twice by that.

And I don't see the point in paying $800 just for a parts car..

That's what I was thinking in the first place it was worth 500, but not 800 unless I'm going to just drive it. I hate auto's, but hell if the tranny is good, I could throw the tranny in my 96 and the motor in my 91. I was willing to buy it for $500, but then he said he wants $800, so I told him to come up with a title, and I might think about it.

i'd still consider paying the $800 and parting it out. it sounds like you can save 2 cars this way, and trust me, after pulling 284 parts out of their home cars, it is no cake walk at all.

that hood alone with worth a couple hundred

then you got the bumpers and side skirts

pull the motor and tranny take the rest to a scrap yard and get another 2-300 out of it lol

I'd buy it as a parts car for that... I was told by some asshat he wants 1200-1400 for a fucking noseclip from a junkyard. I might as well look at buying a whole working car to restore the International now ... so thats what I am gonna do if I cannot swing a good noseclip deal.

Get it if at least for the motor ... sell the body to someone else who needs a body.

I think it would be best if you were going to get a title for it, fix the brakes, and drive it. That motor with 160k on it, who knows what was done to it, what the belt looks like. I think you should find a motor that's going to be in little bit better shape.

it looks like a good deal but for a parts car...no id buy it use that for my dd and keep looking fo a motor for the CS in better shape then the one in the Z that motor has a lot of miles to waste time putting it in the CS