Spare Tire Cover

mdelorie

As I'm sure is a common occurance, my spare tire cover is warped all to hell. I've thought of maybe getting one from a wrecker, but then that'll be subject to the same cheap quality that any other one is made of. Anyone have any other ideas? Making one out of thin plywood perhaps?

Mine never warped until my trunk started leaking. I don't know if they normally wrap themselves, but I know mine was coverd in water, plus 60lb. sub box on top didn't help much.

I'd just go the wrecker route, but I'm sure plywood would work too..though it would be heavier (again, thin plywood is gonna warp too)

Yeah, I think mine warped from years and years of heavy cargo hauling (I used to work for a place that I had to deliver computer parts all over the bloody place). I suppose fiberglass might work, although I would think there might be a strength issue there.

1/2" plywood would be more than strong enough for you. Of course getting one from a wrecker would be much easier, but I still think even 1/2" ply would be stronger...