Instrument Cluster

NVMY03GT

Hey guys I had a few lights out on the Instrument Cluster so I decided to brave it and go back behind it. Let me just say it comes out a hell of a lot eassier than it goes in :) Thing is a bitch to get back in there.

The one question I have for you is there an EASY way to get the instrument cluster in and back out?

I have a buddy from another forum sending me his instrument cluster so I can use some parts off of it to repair mine. (Apparently you have to order the bulbs for our cars through Pontiac?) - Brilliant! :)

So my question is I can get it out no problem but getting it back in Im like pushing and pulling and snapping. Ive already ate the little blue plastic tabby on the wiring harness. The harness still fits fine but I don't want to risk anything else.

Thoughts?

Oh 1995 GP SE

it should pop right back in just the opposite of how you took it out

should I leave the wire harness unplugged until its all the way in or is there even a way to plug it in after its been seated?

Did you guys know the light bulbs for that cluster are like $9.00 a piece through Steelership? Good God..

I bought the 194 light bulbs from Autozone but apparently they didn't work, then I read on the socket it says to replace entire assembly. ARGH!!!!!!!! What the hell!. Where else can you buy a bulb with a socket?

I would get some from the local junkyard! On my supreme cluster I never had trouble only replacing the bulb and reusing sockets

Thats what I had thought as well but apparently This bulb didn't want to come out so I had to tug on it kind of hard plus the socket was kind of brown so maybe when it blew it blew out everything?

possibly. If you aren't in an urgent hurry in a couple weeks when I come home from school I can send you a couple of those for free if they're the same from Cutlass Supreme. I wouldn't spend $10!

possibly. If you aren't in an urgent hurry in a couple weeks when I come home from school I can send you a couple of those for free if they're the same from Cutlass Supreme. I wouldn't spend $10!

Actually another guy is shipping me his entire cluster for $10.00 :). But thank you for the offer. Right now I have a ripped apart gauge cluster. Kind of embarassing to drive around but hey if it gets my Half lit RPM and NO FUEL Gauge at night fixed Im all over it like a Fat Kid on a cup cake :)

hmm!!!

on my 95 you need to pull the top bolts and loosen the bottom bolts to lower the column for clearance for the cluster to go in and out.

Yeah I didn't go after the steering column thats probably what I did wrong :( I have some stuff I need to tidy up under there so I may be doing that soon.

I have a buddy from another forum sending me his instrument cluster so I can use some parts off of it to repair mine. (Apparently you have to order the bulbs for our cars through Pontiac?) - Brilliant! :)

That would be me, btw I sent you an email with the tracking number in it.

hmm!!!

on my 95 you need to pull the top bolts and loosen the bottom bolts to lower the column for clearance for the cluster to go in and out.

that is the same interior as my old '97 and I never had to lower the column at all :shrug:

:biggrin: Got it - Thank you very much. Did Wifey mail this out for you?

BTW Im sending Money order tomorrow sorry I didn't get it out today I didn't get your address until I got home this evening and banks were closed.

:biggrin: Got it - Thank you very much. Did Wifey mail this out for you?

BTW Im sending Money order tomorrow sorry I didn't get it out today I didn't get your address until I got home this evening and banks were closed.

I sat in the van with the 2 babies and she ran into the ups store for me. Thats fine I'm not in no rush for the money right now.