Disable pass. window?

Scottster

I'm looking to disable the passanger side window switch, and just wonder if it can be done without

a) Effecting the drivers side control of the window, and

B) Have the switch still light up at night.

The reason is that the window pops out of it's track if put all the way down. You can still put the window down 98% of the way...just not so that it hits rock bottom. Once you do that, the door panel has to come off to pop back into the track.

I figure if I'm the only one who can control the window, I can conciously put it down to the right height, and not worry about the passanger screwing it up.

There's about 7 wires if I remember correctly, in the switches harness. Which one should I cut?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

seriously... why not fix the problem correctly?

you either have a bad clip on your glass, or your track needs to be pinched tight.

which side pops out?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

seriously... why not fix the problem correctly?

you either have a bad clip on your glass, or your track needs to be pinched tight.

which side pops out?

Well, I tried to fix it correctly, but gave up.

Is that all it is is a clip? The track itself seems fine. The window just goes down about a 1/2 inch too far, and then the guide slides out of the bottom of the front rail.

What are these clips you speak of? Easily replaceable?

sounds like the bump stop on the bottom of the door is missing.

you could take the switch and tuck it inside the door, covering it with a base model plate from a car with cranks....

but why not do it right?

the clips on the glass are permantly bonded to the glass. they can be replaced, assuming you find one from a broken window and glue it on with windwshiled adhesive.

now both my windows are ok. but I do have idiots that like to screw around with my window when I tell them not to. but anyways is this possible to disable the passenger side window while still functional from the drivers side? or would it be easier to just smack my passengers when they don't listen? :mrgreen:

Simple. Install a base model "cover" on the arm rest area where you power window cover is.

If you don't want to actually fix the window, this is the best idea I've heard so far.

I'd prefer to fix it properly. The idea to disable it was just a last resort from all the fussing I've been doing with it.

I'll try to find some of those clips in a scarp yard.

THanks for the tips guys.

seriously i would never think of cutting a wire on my cutty or not fixing something. Are you kidding when i did my car alarm and starter i had to cut the crank wire in half and i almost said forget it lol :rolleyes:

seriously i would never think of cutting a wire on my cutty or not fixing something. Are you kidding when i did my car alarm and starter i had to cut the crank wire in half and i almost said forget it lol :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm not out to bastardize my car here. That's the last thing I would want to do. I don't want to have to worry about the window getting fucked up everytime it goes down.

Like I said, my intent was repairing the proper way.

Seriously, I'm not out to bastardize my car here. That's the last thing I would want to do. I don't want to have to worry about the window getting fucked up everytime it goes down.

Like I said, my intent was repairing the proper way.

lol i wish i had the part to help you, but thats like finding a functional coupe door handle lol