Koni Information...

MP95GP

I have been looking for a few sets of fronts. I have had NO luck. I talked

to Koni and got a list of the last 100 places that have bought more than one set of them. I have called about 65 of them so far, with no luck. Once I get too 100, I will call them and see who was the last 100 places to buy ANY amount. I will start then. I know of a few sets of rears that are available, but no luck finding more than one set of fronts. I got lucky

with #30 and found the set of fronts I have now (got them from Canada). I have a list of a few members that are interested in some fronts. If you are interested, I will add your name to the list and see if I can find anymore sets. I will let you know if I find any, but for some reason, I doubt I will since they have been discontinued for about 2 years now. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I will let you know if I do find any...

I will post more info once I get it.

I had KYB GR-2's on before this and liked those. The Koni's are adjustable, so with that in mind, I get about 2 full turns on fronts and rears. If you would set them on about 1/4 turn from soft, they are approx equal to the KYB GR-2's. I love my Koni's. If you crank them all the way firm (which you CANNOT do on the streets....the bumps, gravel, potholes, etc will blow the valves out and ruin them real quick) they are unbelievable. Right now I have front and rear STBs, rear Addco sway bar, front 34mm (from 28mm stock) sway bar to go along with my Koni's. I cannot feel the car lean when I adjust them to 1/2 or more. I watched someone take my car around a parking lot, twisting and turning (like hardcore auto-x), on soft and 2/3 firm. Even on soft it had minimal lean, but on 2/3 it was unbelievable. There was very minimal lean, which is impressive for the big boat of a w-body car. I would chose Koni over KYB anyday, but for the price difference, unless you would plan on racing (auto-x, road race, etc.) your car, the KYB GR-2's would be my choice for the money. I hope that helps, and that is what you were looking for as far as a comparison goes...

KYB GR-2's are expensive? Where did you get them, and how much did you pay for them? I sell them for GPs for like $50 each or right around there somewhere. Koni's for the w-body listed for like $185+ EACH. You can get a whole set of GR-2's for the price of just over one Koni...