CS power antenna

turby

I believe there were only 2 different models and one was silver and other was ?black?

Well, I know the tops are different but the way the mount and the plugs might be different.

Every one I've ever seen in the J/Y when I used to live in PA were all the same for the 1st gen Cutty, Regal, & GP. I have one at home that I pulled from a '93 Cutty (IIRC) if you want to see a pic for the sake of comparison. I haven't gotten around to installing it in my cutty, and I'm not sure if I will.

The '88-90 ones are different from newer ones. Thicker mast and different mounting bracket. I think they all became the same style after '92 or so (usually a black thin mast). However you can interchange whatever you'd like as long as you get the fender grommet and bracket.

The '88-90 ones are different from newer ones. Thicker mast and different mounting bracket. I think they all became the same style after '92 or so (usually a black thin mast). However you can interchange whatever you'd like as long as you get the fender grommet and bracket.

I believe the one that I pulled for my cutty is the '92+ style you described. I did take all the mounting hardware when I pulled it, so I'll try to get a pic to include all of that if anyone's interested. It's not installed on the car though...haven't gotten around to it yet.

I put a mast from a 94 cutty in a 90 power antenna housing since i bought a new mast for the cutlass and the one on my dad's old 90 broke. Both were the black mast.

I prefer the '90 style because you can easily take it apart to clean it out and restore its working condition. The 94 that's in Jay's car has been taken apart so the mast actually goes down. My dad is an expert on these things LOL

I prefer the mast antenna myself

I currently have a chrome topped one from a Regal in the CS now. When I got the car it had the black style but it was broke. I found a listng on ebay for a new 96 GM PA unit. It's the black style.

Sig, a pic would be great.

I currently have a chrome topped one from a Regal in the CS now. When I got the car it had the black style but it was broke. I found a listng on ebay for a new 96 GM PA unit. It's the black style.

Sig, a pic would be great.

turby...I'll take a pic this evening when I get home. I forgot about this over the weekend. Look for a post tonight or tomorrow. :thumb:

mine used to be a standard antenna until i put in the power antenna but there was no mount in my cutty for power antenna. So mad but i will post a pic as it looks really sleek and goes back instead of straight up. LOl i did it like that after my garage door broke my first one lol

I put a mast from a 94 cutty in a 90 power antenna housing since i bought a new mast for the cutlass and the one on my dad's old 90 broke. Both were the black mast.

I prefer the '90 style because you can easily take it apart to clean it out and restore its working condition. The 94 that's in Jay's car has been taken apart so the mast actually goes down. My dad is an expert on these things LOL

I prefer the mast antenna myself

i was just goign to ask in this thread if you can put a soild antenna in due to that fact! :lol: If you know how i can take it apart and fix it let me know....

its not going down anymore? My dad cleaned it up and re-greased it (i think he had the housing apart at the bottom).

Our '90 was converted from power to fixed. Looks like they just got all the parts from one with a fixed mast at the junkyard and slammed it in

Get your own thread. Or better yet we have this really cool PM feature.

Not trying be ignorant but I don't want to read through a bunch of unrelated posts to find the info I asked for.

Turby - Sorry for the delay in pics I said I'd post. Unfortunately, my memory isn't as good as I thought it was. I forgot that I pulled 2 antennas over the course of last year. The first one I pulled was a 92+ and it was broken when I went to install it. It wouldn't go up...so I trashed that one a while ago. :frown:

I found a receipt for pulling the power antenna pictured below in September of 2006, but I haven't gotten around to installing it as of yet. Hopefully this one works. I do specifically remember pulling this antenna from a fully loaded red cutlass coupe with a 3.1...so that means it was somewhere between a '91 and a '93. :willynilly:

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

Hopefully these pictures give you some idea of the mount locations. :thumb: