Underbody neons

hoodilio

Hey guys, i am planning on gettin a StreetGlow underbody neon kit either the gold or blue series. Does anyone have any info on the install or performance, or anything?

performance?? um yeah, they increase horsepower by 300, its sucha sudden burst that the neons actually make your car start to hover over the ground. you cant be going that fast and still have contact with the ground! ok im done. its not that hard, wire it to the battery, then wire a switch in and mount it somwhere youll like it. the hondas will flock to you like a baby's mouth on mom's tit

RICER :cuss: im jk those neons look pretty cool, they seem pretty easy to intall, never seen them up close before but they look pretty sweet if you match the color of the neons with your car, heres my tip: dont spend over 150 bucks on them, dont spend even close to that, you could get plenty of other stuff that would make your car look cool for 150 bucks, plus the neons only make your car look cool at night, theres my two cents, dont go over 150

Hey man.

I've got two of four tubes on my car... front and back.

The sides are pretty much impossible to install without looking like trash (read: you can see the tubes). At least that's how it is on my Lumina. If my car had some side skirts it would be fine, but as it stands, the only suitable place to mount them is highly visible, and any spot further under the body is taken up by e-brake cable, brake lines, fuel lines, etc.

the two tubes I do have don't look too half bad. Fairly subtle, but noticable. I wasn't going for anything flashy anyways.

When I ran the wires for the rear tube, I ran it right through the cab, rather than under the body. Less wear and tear on the wires.

Suprisingly, one of the most difficult parts about mounting it was finding a place to put the F-in' junction box. Ended up putting it directly behind the headlight... works quite well there. If you want some pics, let me know and I'll try to snag a digital to take some.

A) no, they are not for sale. :P

B) Mounting it on the inside of that notch works great on the passenger side. but you can't do that on the driver's side because the brackets and everything for the e-brake cable is there.

it took me n my olda bro 4 n half hours to install the fuckin neons on his grand am we did it in r drive way usin a tire jack to lift the car one part at a time therre easy to install i recommond goin wit the gold serios so if u was to break a bulb u can get a new one at no cost (my brother cracked a bublb that night when we got pulled over n didnt have no warrantie) but we placed the juntion box right behind the headlgith 2 we snaked the wires for the back light unda neaf the car drilled a lil hole in the wheel weel n slipped the wires threw them n ran the wries uner neef the wheatha strippin for the side tubes n the front tube is basically self explanatory for the switch we didnt run the wire threw the firewalla(we should have) instead we ran the wire threw the door openin n threw the hood (ghetto install) then we didnt mount the switch we left it free hangin down therre when eva he wanted to turn them on n off he had to bedn down

but ne undabody neon is illegal there only for sho but if u would like to drive wit them on leave the switch in a good place so u got easy access so when u see a cop or not

If you can see the tubes after using the shitty holders that most kits come with, use the little brackets used to hold conduits to walls and such. I had to do this on my wife's car, cuz the little platic shits kept breaking off

LOL i DO have a turn signal switch!!! but theres no way in hell im gonna give it to ya for a couple tubes of neon!!! hows about a brand new (underwarranty) Jensen cd player? i got the turn signal switch at a junkyard for 30 bucks if that helps you out any