egr valve

theoneliln

ok so today gtipgary replaced his egr valve on his 94 gtp,after allready replacing the original one that burned out(melted)after replacing it the gasket doesn't seem to fit right and it makes a weird hissing noise..

im not to positive on what this could be but if some one tell me imediatley because we need to know thank you very much.

theoneliln-gtipgary

That 'hissing' noise is more than likely a vaccum leak. youll need to take care of. get a razor blade, and clean the plenum up where the old gasket was so that the new one sits flat.

you dont need to remove the plenum to get to where the egr mounts. just take the egr back off and make sure that the surface it mounts to is cleaned of all the old gasket.

allright well i guess i'll have to give that a shot..but what if when i clean it off it still leaks...

at the moment when your driving the car at low rpms its like bogging out or at least trying to..but it goes away after about 3000rpms or if you stomp the gas.and when your outside of the car and you rev it to a higher rpm then 3000 you can hear it leaking where the egr valve is sitting. :sad:

I thought it might be my catylitic converter checked that and it wasnt that checked the egr gasket pulled the plegnum to look for carbon build up but it was surprisingly clean. I have run out of ideas and am going to send it to a local chevy dealer to be serviced. my mom worked there for five years so they give me a huge discount and the mechanic who is gonna work on my car is excellent