Is this happening because I need a wheel alignment

Speckkial

I have a 96' CS and I recently had my inner tie rods, outer tie rods, and ball joints, brake rotors and pads changed. My mechanic told me to go get a wheel alignment which I have yet to do. More importantly, my brakes are squeaking and my ignition key keeps getting stuck in my ignition when I try to turn the car off. Only after I maneuver the steering wheel a little or slam the shift into park, can I turn the all the way back and take it out. Does my brakes squeaking after they've been recently changed and my key getting stuck have anything to do with needing a wheel alignment?

The brakes squeaking does have something to do with getting your brakes done. Means they messed up somewhere. Can you tell it's coming from the front? That's happened before, just go back and tell them your brakes are now squeaking, they should take care of it for nothing.

And the ignition problem isn't related to any of this. Just happened to my GP a few weeks ago, could be an ignition switch going bad, or just as simple as a wire is bad(which mine was)

Because the brakes squeal doesnt mean that they infact did mess up. It could depend on what compound pads were used.

Well yeah I didn't mean that this could be the ONLY cause of your brakes squeeking, just from past experiences lol

Because the brakes squeal doesnt mean that they infact did mess up. It could depend on what compound pads were used.

I agree with Jay 100%. The brake pad materials have impact as to how quiet your brakes are or aren't! I don't think they would start squealing now that badly even if the anti-squeal compound weren't put on...especially if the rotors and pads are brand new!

everytime i have done a brake job they sqeel for a week or 2 then stop a mechanic told me it was because the pad and rotors have to break in get used to each other type of thing

Could if have anything to do with the ignition coils or could there be a spark plug wire loose? I dont know. I'm just stomped for ideas. This just started happening after the brake and tie rod work.

the only thing that can cause the ignition problem is a worn ignition, damaged key, or most likely a shifter issue. 95% of the cased i have seen it is the ignition, Definately nothing to do with alignment though or brakes

the only thing that can cause the ignition problem is a worn ignition, damaged key, or most likely a shifter issue. 95% of the cased i have seen it is the ignition, Definately nothing to do with alignment though or brakes

Chris Farley voice - That is correct!

it could be the shifter, since u said it works when u slam it, but thats probably just a coincidence and ur slamming ur shifter for nothing :lol:

I could be the shifter interlock cable. It runs from the shifter to the column to keep you from putting it in gear with out the key in or taking the key out without putting it in park. If that cable is stretched you will have to slam shift to get the key out of fiddle with it just right.