kfahn

There is no way it'll work. I have heard of it being wired up before and it doesn't work.

People have installed 98+ DICs in pre-97 cars, but the 97 DIC itself will not work in any other car.

If you want one from a 1995, I have one $150 plus shipping. Unit is untested. I would also trade for a stock cd player from a 1997 Grand Prix or newer, it must work and have the 7-band equalizer. Please resond asap, As I may another buyer.

Jody

i dont even think a 97+ DIC would actually evfen physically fit in that space up on the dash. htey both look kinda the same but i doubt they actually are. then there the wiring.

95Blk SE i sent u an email!! :D

There is no way it'll work. I have heard of it being wired up before and it doesn't work.

People have installed 98+ DICs in pre-97 cars, but the 97 DIC itself will not work in any other car.

Plug & Play? Or extensive wiring involved?

Plug & Play? Or extensive wiring involved?

Extensive wiring.

OK i got the DIC today. plugged it in (boy that was one hell of an easy installation) but the outside temp only reads -40degrees and all the fuel economy modes just sit at 0. Questions:

-im guessing the outside temp sensor doesnt work because i lack an actual sensor???? if this is the case can i get one for a decent price from anywhere? how do i install it?

-no idea why my economy settings sit at 0. help please! :D

OK i got the DIC today. plugged it in (boy that was one hell of an easy installation) but the outside temp only reads -40degrees and all the fuel economy modes just sit at 0. Questions:

-im guessing the outside temp sensor doesnt work because i lack an actual sensor???? if this is the case can i get one for a decent price from anywhere? how do i install it?

-no idea why my economy settings sit at 0. help please! :D

The one you bought was out of a '95.. and you own a '96. The '94-'95 DIC's will NOT work in the '96. Only a '96 DIC will work in a '96.

And to get the temp to work, you need the temp sensor.

The one you bought was out of a '95.. and you own a '96. The '94-'95 DIC's will NOT work in the '96. Only a '96 DIC will work in a '96.

And to get the temp to work, you need the temp sensor.

well thats fucking good to know. maybe i will just ignore the economy settings. as for the temp, again. anyone havea a part number? how and where does it get installed?

Unless your car came stock with the DIC, it will not have the temp. sensor.. even if you have the harness behind the dash, you'll still need it.

Thats the only sensor you'll need if you've got that harness.. if you don't, then I'm not sure what else is involved in wiring one in.

i have the harness. its plugged in and turns on. i just need a part number for that sensor, where the hell would it plug into...hopefully thats also already wired

• 3 weeks later...

The temp sensor for my cutlass was directly under the hood latch behind the bumper. I would assume the GP's would be in a similar location..

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I know, HOLY OLD THREAD!! :lol: :lol:

I'm bumping this to the top because the question in the thread was never really answered, and I picked up a sensor from the j/y today. I need to know where to splice the sensor in.