Click noise number 2.

ihateallmustangs

Gotta a new issue! When I grab the motor and shake it back and forth you can hear a clicking sound comming from the back ( middle) of the motor. Under acceleration you can feel the motor move (or at least I think it is). Cradle mounts and bolts are great. But none of the mounts have ever been changed.

Update. Got the g/f to rev the motor at around 1500 rpm and then put it into gear seems to be comming from the back of the tranny on the drivers side.

Update. Got the g/f to rev the motor at around 1500 rpm and then put it into gear seems to be comming from the back of the tranny on the drivers side.

drivers side cv shaft?

this is prob no help but N E way my wifes 99 lumina had a click that sounded like it was coming from the back of the motor it was where the exaust hooked up to the exaust manifold.

(wish she still had that car :frown:)

drivers side cv shaft?

Possiblilty. I notcied when I get off the highway when I firt gun it after a red light I here what sounds like ball bearings crunching for a second.

this is prob no help but N E way my wifes 99 lumina had a click that sounded like it was coming from the back of the motor it was where the exaust hooked up to the exaust manifold.

(wish she still had that car :frown:)

Thats the noise but I can't seem to pin point it. I have changed both ball joint and tire rod on the drivers side.

well CV's seem fine. Boots are in really good shape. Did the reverse thing to both side and shes smooth/. BUT on the highway there is major movment in the front of the drivers side. When I let of the gas I can feel the drivetrain move a bit on that side. Dogbones are new. I am thinking tranny mount as the click seems to be comming from that area it would also be original to this car.