Regal_GS_1989

Would the fuel tank from a 1st Gen Coupe fit a 1.5 gen sedan? The tank on my moms lumina is leaking, and the one in my 88 regal is still in good shape. So i figure i would just swap them as long as it would fit

I believe this is correct. however the sending units are different due to changes in the fuel lines, meaning you'll have to swap them.

do not forget to consider buying and installing a new fuel pump if you are going through all the work.

I believe this is correct. however the sending units are different due to changes in the fuel lines, meaning you'll have to swap them.

do not forget to consider buying and installing a new fuel pump if you are going through all the work.

x2, and you'll probably have to buy that stupid lock ring because i've never managed to get one out in one piece, but swapping sending units and pumps is easy once the tank is down.

x2, and you'll probably have to buy that stupid lock ring because i've never managed to get one out in one piece, but swapping sending units and pumps is easy once the tank is down.

lol

I always knock once with a chisel, and them move 1/3 or the way around and knock again.

slightly off topic, but do the 1.5Gs have an access door for the fuel pump or are they without the door just like the 1Gs?

all the ones I have looked at were not equipped.