Bad and Good parts

dohc v6

I have had my W-body for along time as well as alot of you and am wanting to put together a list of good and bad parts that the new B's will know to buy and what not to buy. I have had my share fair of good parts and shitty parts. This is a list that I have come up with on my own and my own comments, if anybody would like to add please do.

BAD

-FFP COILOVERS-CLUNK, WEAR OUT FAST, NOT A VERY GOOD SET UP

-FFP DOG BONE- MY BUSHINGS HAVE BEEN WORN OUT SINCE THE 6TH MONTH

-ADDCO SWAY BAR- JUST JUNK, I WAS THE ONE THAT GOT THE REVISED BAR DONE, AND TREY WAS A DICK, BAR IS JUNK

-

GOOD

-INTRAX SPRINGS- AWSOME, GOOD QUALITY, NICE RIDE

-ST SPRINGS- DECENT, NOT A BAD RIDE

-AWEBS REAR STB- AWSOME PRODUCT, GREAT QUALITY

-HELD MOTORSPORTS FSTB- GREAT PRODUCT, WORTH THE MONEY

if you want to add to the list please do, I am currently going to be buying some bmr rear suspension parts and will add them to the list.

those are you opinions, as the saying goes opinions are like assholes everyone has one. There is no reason to start a thread about this, many people have them and like the co's, sway bar and DB's. So for you to start an opinon thread would be never ending. JMO Now if we were to have a section for all of this in a sticky where people can vote on wether they liked a product and write reviews would be much more helpful.

I would have to agree with the statements about the CO's and the St springs

every person will have a different experience with each product. My FFP dogbones have lasted over 2yrs and I love em. My FFP coilovers make NO NOISE. Having a thread like this is just not needed.

BAD

-FFP COILOVERS-CLUNK, WEAR OUT FAST, NOT A VERY GOOD SET UP

-FFP DOG BONE- MY BUSHINGS HAVE BEEN WORN OUT SINCE THE 6TH MONTH

-ADDCO SWAY BAR- JUST JUNK, I WAS THE ONE THAT GOT THE REVISED BAR DONE, AND TREY WAS A DICK, BAR IS JUNK

-

GOOD

-INTRAX SPRINGS- AWSOME, GOOD QUALITY, NICE RIDE

-ST SPRINGS- DECENT, NOT A BAD RIDE

-AWEBS REAR STB- AWSOME PRODUCT, GREAT QUALITY

-HELD MOTORSPORTS FSTB- GREAT PRODUCT, WORTH THE MONEY

Ok, heres my opinion on the parts Ive used/have.

-FFP Coilovers - Love em. No squeaking at all, no noise. 250# spring rate is good. Give great ride quality.

-FFP Dogbones - Had them for over 2yrs and still look brand new. Not one complaint.

-ADDCO sway bar - Was a bitch to put in, but once in, is awesome. I have 1st design bar, and love it. Well worth the effort to put in.

-BMR Trailing arms - If youve got the room for these, not a wide wheel. they are great. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!

-ST Springs - Give great ride quality. Comparable to stock, but a tad stiffer.

Everyone here is going to have a different say about each product. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH WHAT THEY WILL BE GOING TO BUY AMD HOW IT WILL SUIT THEM!

Yeah for real.

My FFP CO's make NO NOISE either and my dogbones are holding up just fine. Just because you have an opinions doesn't mean I want to hear it or that it matters. I think, atleast for the CO's, that it was a bad installation issue that causes them to make noise because mine are silent.

my ffp co's make no noise i love them........on that note last year before my coilovers i had problems with my stock struts making clunking noise and found that it was simply the upper bolts were not tight enough!!

love the FFP Dogbones. Addco swaybar is completely awesome. The coilovers, not FFP but the are designed after FFP and TDC. Its basically my own custom setup. Ill find out tommorrow then time will tell. I also love my FFP Under drive pulley except at night. Ill have to think of some other stuff.

I can some flaming in this posts future though.

Because of the accessories spinning slower than normal, at idle the lights are dim. That was the main reason besides hesistation for the Big 5 wire upgrade.

hms coilovers on a 1.5...noisy as fuck

ffp dogbone and udp: no problems. i thought the udp was giving me problems, but it was something else.

custom coilovers w/ stock mount: creak if spring isnt in right position, but other than that, no problems.

addco rear sway bar: 1st design hit with my car lowered 3", 2nd design, bar slid, but fixed w/ spacer behind outer bushing

gmpp sway bar: cheap, have to make your own mounts for rear, front easy

gmpp trailing arms: cheap and well worth it (unless maybe everything is rusted out, lol)

humount.com flush mount kit for 94+: great product, requires some modification to fit (behind radio must be trimmed out)

dont have time for 2nd gen stuf right now

im not sure this thread is necessary either, but its here. just remember: everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure, but mine is always correct :mrgreen:

FFP dogbone, Great have had mine for 4 years this month and no problems, Same for the ffp ud pulley. Kybgr2 struts-great product had them for about 3 years now. Bens Chip, awsome all the way around did everything i expected. Cutty convertable stb, great for the first month i have owned it so far. Really I can't think of anything that I have had on my car that sucked really bad as far as aftermarket. I did have some crappy brake pads on the gp that i hated but they were just cheap dusty pads. I think as long as you lower engine mounts are in good shap the ffp dogbone holds up fine.