bose system is ghey!

colwell

I just finished putting in door speakers in my lumina z34 with the bose system. The person before me took out all the bose speakers and replaced them with paper cone pioneer 6x9's and coaxle 4x6 and left me with no speakers in the doors. I had no speakers working when i got the car because he didnt run all the wires to the deck after he bypassed the amp. Im guessing he blew the bose amp on accident and tried to rerun wires and never made it there. There were at least 6 pairs of speaker wires that i had no idea what they go to. I hooked up the 4x6's first and that was pretty easy. I installed my subs and stuff...that wasn't too hard. The door speakers weren't to hard either but my speakers dont sound right in the doors with out a good baffle. What would help give my 6.5"s the good mid-bass and some low bass response they are for?

Make sure the speakers are sealed and use dynamat or something similar on the doors. This will help stop vibrations and make the speaker work a bit better. A lot of people say that dynamat is overpriced and doesn't work, and i agree it is overpriced, it really does work. You could also try using a foam chamber around the back of the speaker-you can get them from any good car audio store.