hooking up a new cd player

grand prix

when i hook up the new player aftermarket do all the extra wires from the harness need anything done with them? im puting a sony cd in i alreade have a xplod amp i know crap amp and a high excursion 12 in a ported box.

i guess i will be selling the steering wheel radio controles soon since i wont be needing them, i made a wood oak center for the wheel but might mod it to fit my pocket pc cell phone who knows,

but as far as the other wires i got all speakers hooked in it has the 6 speaker system and now i need to also get a mount for the cd player but as for the other wires do i need to change anything?

Gah....

Orange = 12v Constant/Battery

Yellow = 12v Switched/ACC

Black = Ground

Gray = dimmer ground

Brown = Parking lights

Tan = Left front +

Gray = Left front -

Lt. Green = Right front +

Dk. Green = Right front -

Brown = Left rear +

Yellow = Left rear -

Dk. Blue = Right rear +

Lt. Blue = Right rear -

Just be sure to test your wires.

You will need to test. There are some vehicles that, for some god awful reason, the dash lamps and brake lights do not work without the dimmer grounded. I have mostly ran into this problem with early 90's foreign vehicles, but it has been noted in Grand Am's, Chryslers, and other random vehicles.

Again, test this to be sure. But... I will say, I never do.

ya i cut it off im kinda on a budget and cant afford the adapter but i cut it so i can rehook it up if i ever use a factory radio

The adapters are like $9.. you shouldn't be doing a car audio install if a harness adapter is going to break you.

Car audio and "on a budget" never go hand in hand.

Welp, I believe you personally.. I would rather buy it in parts rather than skimp to get it all..

..But other people, on a budget, want it all.. They usually skimp on thinkgs to get it all..

..An example is ANYTHING in the $80-$130 'pod' at Best Buy (Work) and anything with Dual written on it.. (In my experience, the ONLY good thing by Dual is their $100 2 channel amp)..

..Being cheap will earn you exactly what you paid for as far as functionality and SQ goes (I too am on a budget, but I hunt down deals on good stuff..)

Welp, I believe you personally.. I would rather buy it in parts rather than skimp to get it all..

..But other people, on a budget, want it all.. They usually skimp on thinkgs to get it all..

..An example is ANYTHING in the $80-$130 'pod' at Best Buy (Work) and anything with Dual written on it.. (In my experience, the ONLY good thing by Dual is their $100 2 channel amp)..

..Being cheap will earn you exactly what you paid for as far as functionality and SQ goes (I too am on a budget, but I hunt down deals on good stuff..)

Steve man, nothing Dual is good! In fact, non of the Best Buy brands in car audio are good. I will say this though, and leave it at that, the Insignia sub/amp package did impress me quite well for a low low budget system. Decent SQ, not too shabby spl either.

i have 3 kids so i do cheap but my system sounds realy good i used the factory speakers a 12 sub and amp and my sony cd deck all came out to 100 dollars

Just a suggestion for a good amp... Phoenix Gold octane R 15.1... Ive had one in my gp hooked up to two kicker comp cvrs for over two years never had a problem and it will make your hair move. fyi 15.1 monoblock 1500 watts, also its not that expensive 250$ brand new on ebay

I've heard Phoenix Gold stuff is great.

And okay okay, I'll admit to going cheap. I have Lightning Au.. err.. Rockford Fosgate 3-way 6x9's in the back deck of my car :rice:

They're just for fill, I swear!