converatable???

hazmatic

Oh you can do both. It is just a matter of what you want to spend. A few years ago, when I had a sunroof put in my Lumina, the guy quoted me a price of around $600-$1000 for a power moonroof (I'm sure the prices have gone down). A simple pop-up sunroof ran me $300.

I have heard before that a complete convertible conversion can run around 10 grand, if not more.. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I recall hearing awhile ago.

i have no idea how much it would cost, i keep wanting to do all these cool things to my phantom but i want to keep her original!! :( oh well, im hopefully gonna rebuild the engine here pretty soon, good enough for me, i wish i had a sunroof, or even a convertable, but the world isnt perfect

can i make my regal a convertable (a real one not a ricer hack) if not is there a sunroof/moonroof for my regal (power)

I had a lift up sunroof in the Cutlass like supreme_style21 said installed for $275.

I loved it, it's great to crack open at work for air circulation, light inside the cabin, and road-head. :naughty:

It can be removed and thrown back in the trunk, you know...

- RedFox340

can i make my regal a convertable (a real one not a ricer hack) if not is there a sunroof/moonroof for my regal (power)

I had a lift up sunroof in the Cutlass like supreme_style21 said installed for $275.

I loved it, it's great to crack open at work for air circulation, light inside the cabin, and road-head. :naughty:

- RedFox340

Wow, 275 is pretty cheap, I think for a sunroof. Where did you guys go to get this done? A dealership or a body shop? Cuz I would love a sunroof in the GP. Oh, and Redfox, good call on the road head

Robby

Wow, 275 is pretty cheap, I think for a sunroof. Where did you guys go to get this done? A dealership or a body shop? Cuz I would love a sunroof in the GP. Oh, and Redfox, good call on the road head

There is a place, south side of town, called Jazz It Up. They do tinting, sunroofs (mechanical + power) and other interior / exterior high-lights. There were a couple of options to choose from: like the size of the hole that's going into your roof and the color of the glass (I picked smoked tint, it was awesome!). Small, two-stall garage; when I was there for my install, I watched as a electric saw cut into my roof... next to me was a brand new Audi A4 being wired for a an electric one.

- RedFox340

- RedFox340

Robby

I had mine done at Autoglass & Aftermarket in Grand Forks.. It is an autoglass and sunroof specialty shop. The dealerships like to rape people in the ass, so I stayed away.

its a complete reconstruction of your cars' chassis. Because you remove the roof that supports the body roll and movement in turns you have to have it reinforced on the underbody like the stock converts do. Its not just a hack and cut job that you pay for labor. Someone smart actually has to do it! lol

Hey hazmatic!!! It's time to do a mod and tell us about it. Put a cone filter on there and tell us how it feels to do the work and hear the air sucking in. I don't like to pick on people but man you got to start with the basics and build up. Time to go to work. :wink:

Hey hazmatic!!! It's time to do a mod and tell us about it. Put a cone filter on there and tell us how it feels to do the work and hear the air sucking in. I don't like to pick on people but man you got to start with the basics and build up. Time to go to work. :wink:

im more into apperence n sound right now but i did start ordin parts for the engine but i plan on rebuldin it in the next couple month so ill just wait to its rebuilt then do all the etxra bolt on shit

I've never seen a sunroof on a coupe but I have seen sunroofs on GranSport sedans. As far as making your Regal a convertible, it's possible if you have about $6,000+ to have it custom done at a bodyshop. Remember that chopping off your roof will alter your vehicle's structural integrity, so you have to beef up your car's unibody somehow. Your car will flex considerably during cornering and over bumps, and in an accident you're likely to die because the unibody isn't as strong as it should be. You're better off sticking to the sunroof dude.

I'm guessing around $6,000 and up, but yeah it can go as high is $10,000. Having a power moonroof is much better. It'll still alter the structural integrity slightly but nowhere near as bad as a convertible.

Oh you can do both. It is just a matter of what you want to spend. A few years ago, when I had a sunroof put in my Lumina, the guy quoted me a price of around $600-$1000 for a power moonroof (I'm sure the prices have gone down). A simple pop-up sunroof ran me $300.

I have heard before that a complete convertible conversion can run around 10 grand, if not more.. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I recall hearing awhile ago.

I've never had road-head... :(

You're missing out on a very good thing... :mrgreen:

- Erik

road head is great

i dunno i want somethin average size on my regal

My granny had a converatable. It was great man, extra people over for thanksgiving-just throw that extra piece right in the middle and you've got seating for 12! :lol: