1990 GP help

grand prix

hi im a new guy here, i just got my gp for 140 dollars with 142,000 miles on it, it has been sittin since november, what should i do to it so i dont blow it? oil tranny what, thank you..

o ya is the back side window hard to change out mine is broken...

When I purchased mine back in november, all four struts need replacing...they clunked and bumped like crazy.

I also had to replace all the brakes, including a rusted an seized rear caliper.

If you don't know the history of the car, I'd recommend doing the plugs and wires to ensure they are tip-top.

I suppose it depends on what state of dis-repair your car is in...but mine sure needed alot to get it back in shape. Once the work was done, the car drove like a dream!

(Well, my exhaust could use a little "quite tuning"!)

Oh and one more thing,

My car had sat for who-knows-how-long on a second hand lot before I bought it. Aside from blowing out all the spiders that had made all the nooks and cranys of the car their home, the motor ran somewhat rough, and would stall occasionally when coming to a stop, or putting it into gear. This went away after the car had begun to be driven on a regular basis.

Furthermore, check the condition of the dogbone/torque strut bushings,which tend to be worn out on a well-used 3.1.

it runs realy good but when first got it it smoked i was thinking it was from old gas or something it has gone now though, only thing i can see wrong is broken window broken handles i riged something up though works good and i think maby breaks, i was just wondering if oil or any other fluids go bad from sitting over winter it sat for like 5 months...

do u think 140 was a good deal i dont know 142,000 miles i hope it dont crap on me, but i did put a good system in it already :willynilly: crazy loud from 1 12in sub...

i love the look and power but cant find the window or handles...

ya i like the wheels that came with it, but im missing 1 center cap, will the factory body kit from a newer gp fit on it or maby some lumina parts?

any 2dr GP body style from 89-96 will fit your car. The lumina body parts would fit in theory, but would require quite a bit of custom work so that they didn't look like ass

o ya GtipGary has the body style i am looking for that was my idea.

that is the 94-96 b4u kit and it would definitely fit on your car if you can locate all of the pieces...

Keep the car the way it is.

There are alot of people, including me, who feel the early GP's are the coolest looking ones. I know that is a matter of opinion, but don't hate on the looks just becasue it's the "older look"...I prefer to call it the "orginal look" :cool:

Q-Ball knows all about the headaches of getting the "wide-body" kit to line up and look right.

P.S. $140 is retardedly cheap for running car such as yours. I paid $1500 for mine with 150,000 km on the odo.

pull and save has the whole kit for 100 dollars they have many pg's out there but no window or handle, any other part i may need is there though for realy cheap if they get one with a good side window its like 8 bucks.

Yeah, pickandpulls are unreal for cheap parts. Fun place to go and get your hands dirty.

$100 bucks is fine, but like I said I wouldn't bastardize the good looks of your car (based on the little pic you have) with the kit. There are better things to put 100 bones up for.

i was just thinking U R right i will keep it that way origanal, not many 90 gp's running around my town, i am thinking door poppers would be better to spend the money on, but make them my self, im good with electric, and i can do it for 20 bucks with magbetic switch and be able to open eather door from the drivers side...

Lol, this guy is gonna get smacked soon!

Hey, welcome to the forum. Swapping your body style would be harder cause you would have to change your headlights too. I didnt have to since I already have the mini quads from stock. You should really post some pics of your current car and I'd like to see more pics of the car in your avatar too.

Welcome to the forum! I'd keep it stock IMO- I think the 88-90 GP's are the best looking. You can buy NEW doorhandles off Ebay for less than $20, just make sure you get the right color, flat black vs. glossy black.

Is your Grand Prix an SE? If so, then we have the EXACT same car- I have a dark blue 1990 GP SE. :high5:

ya mine is a se, i just found out why i got it so cheap though,it is a insurance destroyed car so i have to do the washington state patrole inspection and then transfer the ownership,, onlt body damage on it was a dented bumper that took me 10nim's to pop out...

ya mine is a se, i just found out why i got it so cheap though,it is a insurance destroyed car so i have to do the washington state patrole inspection and then transfer the ownership,, onlt body damage on it was a dented bumper that took me 10nim's to pop out...

i did this once with a body damage only car. flippin easy. its cost like $50 and took 3 minutes, seriously!!