Question.

ZoomZoomFan

I know I've read that it's possible to have subs hooked up to a factory HU. I'm just wondering how this is done. Are the subs always going to be on or do you install an auxilary switch for them?

The car I'm looking at has a nice factory CD player that looks and fits better than any aftermarket one would, and my HU in the Beretta freaking sucks.

I'd like to get my subs out of the Beretta, install them in this new car, and keep the new car's factory CD player in there.

Any advice?

Plus, the Beretta might sell better with a CD player in it. :willynilly:

I think you use an inline thing that splices into the rear speaker wiring...creates a pair of RCA outputs, while still letting the sound pass through to the rear speakers.

And for the amp on/off you can run the line to the back of the factory deck..something will be live when you turn it on I'm sure..because I ran an amp off my old factory h/u for a year or so...turned on and off with the h/u.

Yeah. I just want to be able to manually turn my subs on and off like I do now. I leave them off unless I'm listening to rap. None of my other music sounds good with subs. :lol:

You need a low level converter. You splice into your speaker wiring, and it gives you two RCA jacks to connect to the amp.

If, for some reason, you don't want bass all the time (believe me ALL music sounds good with the right amount of bass), just get an amp with a remote gain knob that you can turn up or down.

You need a low level converter. You splice into your speaker wiring, and it gives you two RCA jacks to connect to the amp.

If, for some reason, you don't want bass all the time (believe me ALL music sounds good with the right amount of bass), just get an amp with a remote gain knob that you can turn up or down.

:werd: plus, you don't actually have to hook up the converter behind the deck and run those wires all the way to the back, you can just hook into your rear deck speakers and have all your wiring contained in your trunk.

That's the way we did it in my buddy's car. Made it cheaper because RCA cables are expensive :lol:

The shop that did my car (last owner had it done, not me) put a really nice low-level converter in behind the radio. It connects to the front and rear speaker inputs. It also needs a 12v power signal and ground. I thought that was pretty interesting. Never seen anything like it.