A few random questions

Andrew

this covers a couple areas and i didnt feel like making several posts.

so where to start..... ok first question is for those who have put lowering springs on their ride, maybe this is specific to the SSC springs i got?? anyway, when i was puttin together the strut assemblies, the fronts went together fine, but the rears were... well weird. you know how the bottom of the spring should fit snugly into the insulator, and that you can tell how exactly it should fit. trying to line it up like that makes the spring lean way over, so i spung the spring 180 degrees, and it goes together just fine. is this just a bad design by SSC?

secondly, my heated seats and seatbelt sensor have never worked. as i inspected under my seat, i found 2 wires that were cut/torn. im quite sure the one with 2 black wires is for the seatbelt, since playing with this in the past made the seatbelt light go on and off. and the one with 2 yellows and 2 reds must be for the heated seat. but after much inspection i couldnt remotely see where these routed into the seat. any help? i imagine i will have to take the seat off/out to fix this, but having a general idea of where to look would be nice.

heres some pics of the little harness i believe to be part of the heated seat.

this first one shows the part number? PED25

gppics008.jpg

gppics009.jpg

gppics011.jpg

and last but not least, as i had my tire off today, i decided to clean the inside of the rim, since it was so grungy. look what i noticed..

gppics004.jpg

who knew GM outsourced Enkei for these wheels?!?! no wonder i like them.

that last harness looks in very poor shape. Like maybe it was tun through the seat track or something. and alot of times the soldered connections act up and come apart for the heated pads in the seats :mrgreen:

ok i gots another question.

my door locks like to unlock themselves, and only unlock. never lock. its like someone nearby has a key fob messing with me. it just does it randomly. sometimes several times in a row, sometimes not for several weeks. i thought i had it figured out that it was my door lock cylinder somehow having gone bad and sending the 'unlock' message. its not the keyfob. i took the battery out of it. i replaced the switch on the drivers door last year when the window button stopped working. it has done this ever since i got the car. any ideas? is there some module that controls the power locks? maybe the keyless receiver is wanky?

i was thinking that too, but im not sure.

right now i have pulled the fuse for the power locks so that its cant unlock my doors and make it easy access for theives. if you're just sittin in my car, you can hear a 'click' in the dash when the 'whatever it is in there' tries to unlock my doors.

well a new BCM costs $120. i dont really want to buy one to find out its not the problem. anyone have any insight?? where is it located inside the dash? my chiltons is really useless.

there isnt any other BCM function that isnt working..... well wait it does the overhead lights right? one was acting weird the other day. maybe it is the BCM?

Try cleaning the contacts in the switch, make sure no pins are coming loose from the connector as well for the locks.

you mean the contacts on the switch i replaced? i doubt thats the problem, i had this issue before i replaced the switch last year.

Try cleaning the contacts in the switch, make sure no pins are coming loose from the connector as well for the locks.

you mean the contacts on the switch i replaced? i doubt thats the problem, i had this issue before i replaced the switch last year.

Ahh.... damn, you already even replaced it.