Electrical Ground Problems?

nerfbars

I recently put a motor in my 88 Olds Cutlass Supreme Int Series. Since then the charge light on my dash stays on all the time and my alternator make a humming noise with the car off. If I unplug the main connector to the alternator the humming stops and the light goes off. Plus the wiper blades dont shut off instantly the swip a few extra times before that stop. I'm thinking I may have a bad ground somewhere that is backfeeding through the alternator. I tried swapping the alternator for another one I had that I know works and its doing the same thing. So for now I've been disconnecting the battery when I'm done driving it or it runs the battery down. I have also check all the fuses in the glove box fuse panel. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Is the battery getting charged up at all? Does the humming noise disappears and light goes "OFF" when the car is running or not?

The way you describe the problem, it seems that you may have a short on the alternator connector wires.