Delco Loc II

SJGuy99

I just bought a 1990 Oldsmobile 88 Royale Brougham Coupe with a factory Delco Loc II CD player. I read the owners manual, which said that when a CD is inserted halfway into the player, the cd deck will automatically grab it and pull it in. This CD deck doesn't do that, and I am hesitant to force a CD in there for fear it won't eject. The car only has 53,000 miles on it and the owners never used the cd player and didn't know how it worked. The only thing they knew about the radio is that it's very difficult to turn on it on (they said they had to press the power button 10 times for it to turn on) so they just leave it on all the time and turn the volume down really low when they want it "off." Any suggestions on what I should do about the CD player situation or the stereo in general? The stereo looks and sounds great, so if it can be repaired for a fair price, I'm open to that.

IIRC, the repair rate for these things is ~150 or more.. You will have a basically new Delco CD player..

..Good call on not forcing it in.. It may work, but if the motor wont pull it in, who's to say it'll come out?

You can also check eBay for a cheap Delco Loc unit, and swap the motors out.. I would imagine the thing needs to be cleaned, so when you have it apart, clean it out (DON'T TOUCH THE LENS!).. Good luck..

the cd mechanism is bad. about 98% of all the factory cd players that have not been rebuilt by now are bad.

the only fully working factory deck i have ever seen is mine, but i also paid good money to get it working again.