rear seat belts

FordBoy

lately my rear seat belts havent been working properly. they dont pull themselves back they sit loose when someone uses them they just hang there. im afraid if i get into a wreck with someone in the back the seat belt wont lock to hold them in place so they go flying into me or over me. could it be a loose wire? a blown fuse?

Theres not fuses or wires in the rear seatbelts. I just went with the 94+ ones. They dont fit in the same holes. But 1 does. I just tightened it down good and they work great! If you do decide to do this, make sure you switch the things where you seat belt clicks in to. (Cant remember the name off hand)

You have shoulder belts right? I know the seat belts in my regal have some type of tension release on them, which allows the belts to lock and not retract until you pull on them enough. The fronts had this as well, although i removed the pins in the door that triggered them, cause they were always getting on my nerves.

the front ones work normal (like a modern car) to back ones retrack a few inchs if i pull on them then i try it again and it ends up in the same spot i have to go back there and push them into the hole

BTW ya they are shoulder strapes

well... I personnlayy would lkook and see if the wound spring is bad, but it would take some work. It may just be easier to grab the blue belts out of another car. in fact, the yard here has a blue interior 94, though the glove box door is no good .