1st Gen Exhaust Resonators

mfewtrail

Anyone have pictures of the inside of one of these? I'm curious to see what they look like. If nobody has any, I'll hack one off next time I'm at a junkyard and take some pictures myself...

which one? the one before the split or after the cat? i can take a pic of the inside of the front one. i thought the second one was just a larger diameter w/ no sound material.

There should only be one resonator... Its located right before the passengers rear wheel.

:werd:

I am curious about this too.. I left my fork at the old house when we moved.. It had a Res.. AFAIK, we didn't get Resonators until the 3100s debuted.. This is as far as the Supremes go however, based on what I have seen.. And own, because I have a fork from a 91 Supreme sedan and it has NO resonator.. I wonder how it would sound without mufflers but those resonators in the place of the muffs.. Hmmm..

That looks like the actual cat. to me. The resonators are round.

Not always dude.. My mom's 96 Tracker has a cat, res., then piping to a muffler.. The res. looks like that one, just smkller becasue the thing is only 1.6L of raw fury..

My resonator looked like nothing. It wasn't perforated, it was straight through, and basically was a bulge in the exhuast.

My 3100 was a little bit raspier without the resonator. No performance gain, just noise.

My resonator looked like nothing. It wasn't perforated, it was straight through, and basically was a bulge in the exhuast.

My 3100 was a little bit raspier without the resonator. No performance gain, just noise.

So it made more nosie but still doesnt go anywhere?! :lol:

:joke:

That's the answer I was after, thanks.