PLEASE HELP! I hope my question is understandable...

gmrulz4u

OK, this is in regards to the drivers side door on my 89 Cutlass.

I think this just recently started about a week ago, I'm lucky I noticed it!

Anyways, when I open the damn door, the lower-front portion "rubs" right against the lower part of the body that is to the right of the wheel well, and left of the door...make sense? It's pretty loud and is scraping paint off!! I just paid $2000 a few months ago to have the whole car painted, and now this is totally pissing me off! The worst part of the whole thing is this: the International ground effects keep "cathing" onto the other part of the body, and the result of this is "pulling" the ground effects on the door "outwards"...I'm affraid to open the door to hard or to fast because I will keep pulling them off...

With me so far? Good...here's the rest of the story:

At first, I had thought that my drivers-side door ground effects were not on properly, and that's why they were "catching"...but I was WRONG! That's NOT the problem...

I noticed two important clues as to what's wrong: First, when comparing the drivers-side door to the passenger-side, I noticed that the bottom front-portion of the drivers-side/problematic door is sticking OUT further than the passenger-side. When I say "sticking out further", I am referring to the door versus the area to the right of the front wheel well. I wish I could SHOW what the hell I'm talking about!

The second thing, and most strange, that I noticed was this: When the door is open all the way, and I look through to where the door connects to the body via the bolts etc., I can see and feel some thick rubber that seems to be all out of place and "scrunched up"...

Anyone know what the hell is wrong?? I wouldn't care so much if I didn't just get the freakin' car painted!!

I think you probably need new hinges.

Open the door, then grab the bottom of the door and see if it lifts up any at all. There will be some up & down play if your hinge pin bushings are worn. As far as I know, you can't replace just the bushings but must replace the entire hinge assembly.

No idea on the cost, but Jason Cromer 1-877-726-8295 is the cheapest with shipping factored in. Way cheaper than GM Parts Direct. Be sure to ask for him specifically to get the good rates.

dude that made about as much sense as if you took off your shoes on a hot summers day to freshen the air in your room

So the fact that Shawn, and even hazmatic, understood just fine, says what exactly about you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k