Seats dont lock!!

GutlassSupreme

ok so both of my front seats dont lock. The backs can lean forward at all times. I can recline the backs still but they dont lock.

is this how they are??

I bet that if you park your car nose down on a steep decline the seats will lock.....they are most likely functioning properly, just read your owners manual...

I bet that if you park your car nose down on a steep decline the seats will lock.....they are most likely functioning properly, just read your owners manual...

x2, word, and how, correct, etc...

yea i dont have a owners manual, But thanks, ill try and find a steep hill. Im only concerned about passengers and myself. i know the seatbetls are restraint but if the seat wants to lean forward..lol its gonna lean...but thanks for the info.

i know the seatbetls are restraint but if the seat wants to lean forward..lol its gonna lean...but thanks for the info.

another test: has your passenger seat ever flown forward when you hit the brakes hard and didn't have a passenger in that seat? if the answer is no, then the seats are working properly

my brakes arent working properly enough to slam on them that hard. So right now i cant tell by doing that.

they have almost no stopping power. ABs wont kick in etc. right to the floor and they only stop using half the power. i cant figure out whats wrong.

With your brakes like that, I think the last worry on my mind would be the seats. This is not Convertible specific, and should be moved.

They don't lock unless the inertia locks engage, or the car is parked on an incline.

With your brakes like that, I think the last worry on my mind would be the seats.

seriously.....who gives a shit about the seats if you can't stop your car?

My seats don't lock- if I slam on the brakes, both seats FLY forward! Is there any way to fix this?!?! :willynilly: My brakes work awesome since I put in that new PMIII BTW....

I think it's the way they are designed. Both sets of seats (orig. cloth and new leathers) I have had in my car had the seatbacks fold forward if you got on the brakes.

It makes sense...their easy movement allows easyer back seat access, and it's not a saftey hazard when driving.

It does make panic stops a little more dramatic though! :eek:

It just kinda gets annoying if you get on the brakes hard- I've had a bunch of stuff in my passenger seat (pretty heavy too) and when the seat flies forward, it launches it :willynilly: :lol: