Aftermarket seats and seat rails

Snakesk8s

I want to change my seats to some racing ones.... Has anyone done this before? I'm asking because I'm wondering about the rails.... Does any place make then for the w-body? Or my 89 Regal exactly?

I've had to make rails before but I don't want to do it again... it was WAY too much work getting them right....

Thanks for the info...

Personally I'll keep my power driver's seat. What I really need are some seat covers. Damn this grey interior fabric! It's so common on GM cars!

To answer your question though, I think it depends on the brand of seat you're installing. There are universal installation kits available that can help you out, but just be prepared to have to fabricate something if you need to.

You might be able to grab the seats and brackets from a police package Lumina. They came with black recaro's.

Ok... where the hell am I gonna find a police Lumina? I've never seen one around here....

That would be nice though!

I don't know how close to NYC you are, but NYPD used a few Lumina's as police cars. So you might be able to find one in a junkyard somewhere. I also know that the government used Lumina police cars, so maybe government surplus auctions.